Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ Radio - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

what do you have to do to be on the virtual dj radio, do you have to take some sort of test, what are the steps required to get on it? besides get the full version, I have already seen that

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 4:35 am
First you need the registred full version (registred full version account) and then you have to ask to be a DJ in the VDJ Radio (you can do that when you become a full version user)

Of course to be a VDJ Radio user you have to be an active DJ (not only to put a playlist and use the automix...) and to pass a test.

Coyote

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 6:02 am
how does this test work? and do you choose when you want to have a show?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 6:04 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The test is secret otherwise it would be too easy :-)
Become Full member and you will see

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 4:10 pm
Its power is exceeded only by its mystery, and strangely, its mystery is exceeded only by its power.

(like continuum transfunctioner from dude where'z my car)

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:43 pm
lol, but like what does the test do, do i have to broadcast and do certain things that the vdj staff ask? and can you take the test more than once, for example if i fail, and then practice alot, can i take it again?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:09 pm
oh, ya and is there a minimum computer requirements, i need on my comp, to be able to go on the radio, if so what are they?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:10 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think you have anything to worry about Brennan, just put together a set and practice, half the test is related to your connection speed, and your mixing standard doesn't have to be sky high.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:11 pm
what does my connection speed have to be, you can surely tell me that

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:17 pm
it's not only the speed you buy, there can be problems on a way from you to the broadcast server.
So I think it must be sure Radio will not skip because of some troubles on your side.

Generally it's enough to have 128kbps fixed upload speed i think as VDJ broadcasts at 96kbps.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:21 pm
and my computer doesnt have to be awsoem or anything right?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:30 pm
Just enough for VDJ to run smoothly, and for their to be no skipping.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:03 pm
ic.... am i able to take the test, then buy the software,because one of the only reasons i want the software is for the radio... so would i be able to take the test first, and not go on the radio untill i buy the program?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:14 pm
I'm not sure about your question, but I doubt it, remember Brennan that your money would fund the development of the software, helping you and everyone else get the features/improvements needed.

And then their is the forum and support..

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:21 pm
yes but about 200.00, canadian is alot ofmoney for me, and im not just gonna pay 200 for nothing

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:24 pm
regardless, i will buy the software, but maybe not so early, it depends

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:25 pm
You know it makes sense Brennan ;).

This software is ripped off too much, but buying it is like buying a membership aswell as being legal, and the software is cheap considering...

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:28 pm
Virtual DJ Radio is like a gift so you have to buy the software first. I think it's logical and normal.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:34 pm
it is, and i agree with you, but right now if i wanted to buy it, which i do i couldnt, i dont have the money yet, and im working so hard to get it...

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:35 pm
Don't forget even if the webradio is free for licensed pro users, it isn't free for Atomix Productions. A webradio has a cost !!

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:39 pm
80%