Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What Mp3's do I have?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone out there know how to create a songbook from the database file that VDJ creates when you add files to the database? Before everyone says that "it saves it as a text file so just import into Microsoft Access or Excel need to listen first.

Since I have my files in a folder with sub folders - i.e. main folder = "Mp3's" , sub folders = "100 top hit's 1980" etc etc. When you add the files to VDJ database it saves the root folder of the file if you save the files from i.e. "C:\MP3's Bill Haley And The Comets - Rock Around The Clock.mp3,2086912". This example above is just a file in my root directory of mp3's taken from my VDJ database text file. It is my assumption that the number after the file name is a number used by the search function of VDJ. The actual file has no number following it in the folder.

So when you try to import the song that is in the database your first field is "C:\MP3's Bill Haley And The Comets - Rock Around The Clock.mp3" and I want my first field to be "Bill Haley And The Comets" (Artist Name) and the 2nd field "Rock Around The Clock" (Song title). When this happens it will import just fine but I was hoping someone could save me hours and hours of work with a program name or a way to get the VDJ database into a song book for customers to see what songs that I have.

It has been a while since I last posted and that has been a good thing. That means that I have had no real issues with the program and now am trying to work with the different features so I can be an experienced user and then I can offer help to others and earn pretty stars.

As always your help is always appreciated!

Djkaraok
Music sounds better with a smile!

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 3:51 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately, your "don't tell me to import..." is probably the only method without getting another tool.

Now, as long as it is just 'MP3' I can suggest a probram I use that will allow you to print a list of all of your MP3. Try this program: http://www.wizetech.com/amc/

I use this for managing and finding my MP3's. I can drag and drop from this program straight onto a VDJ deck. Really nice program. Try it out!

cstoll

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 1:56 am
I have to wait untill i get my other computer back from the shop, but there is a list maker out there that you just drag your whole folder along with your sub folders and it creates a list of ALL your songs. And its free !!
As soon as I get my computer back I will post the web addy here.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 5:33 am
I am not sure how that will be any different from the VDJ database txt file that also will list the songs but it will not permit me to have a column for Artist and one for Title. If the program will do that then that would be great. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the post!

DJkaraok
Everyone can sing aloud but not everyone should.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 8:03 pm

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:39 pm
Raw-Bear Thanks that program will work - I was pleasently surprised when I found out that it also found duplicate files - I have never had a complete song list and now I will have - It did allow me to import into Excel so I am now manipulating the data. It has taken over 3 hours so far and only half down but better than my alternative. Thanks again!!

djkaraok
A song in your heart is better than a song on the radio!

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 6:28 am
You are very welcome djkaraok. One of the things that the "no license users" miss out on is the feeling of belonging to a world wide exclusive club of professional Disc Jockeys or Computer Jockeys or what ever you want to call us. When one need help here it is usually freely given, and I like to encourage the "no license users" to buy the program and join the club.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 7:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)