Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcasting problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there

Ive downloaded a codec to use .dll file and set it up in config menu so i can broadcast my sets to my friends. Ive sent them the link http://80.4.163.133:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3 and it wont open on their pc's, however if i click on the link myself the link plays fine in media player and with good quality but no one else seems to be able to listen???

HELP!

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:29 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
If you can listen to it but others can't, i think the problem comes from your network.

do you have a firewall? if you do, you must forward the port 8000 and 8001 to your computer and then it should work.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 1:40 am
Im using windows firewall does anyone know how to do this?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:16 am
Ive allowed the program in the firewall as an exception and one person has been able to listen but other ppl havent been able to. It fails. Do you have to have windows media player 10 series or any version ok.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:18 am
Update - My friends say that when they click my link in winamp it works fine. But when open in media player says "connection with the server reset" or "unable to establish connection with server" Any ideas? This is just problem with media player. They are using version 10.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 3:02 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try lowering your firewall completely, or set the settings to minimum security. And also try lowering the bitrate when you're broadcasting

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 6:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)