Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: From Atomixmp3 2 Virtual DJ : Ato2VDJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Ato2vdj, a utility tool to convert your AtomixMP3 database to Virtual DJ is available here :

http://www.atomixfr.com/dwl/?idc=9 (updated link 03/2004)

Best regards,
Yan-X

Posted Tue 01 Jul 03 @ 10:06 am
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Yan,

Is is possible for you to make the convertorso that virtual dj thinks it has already calculated the bpm. I have lots of d&b and the bpms are stored, but each time i load a tune it recalc it and I have to retype it.

Cheers,

Dan

Posted Tue 01 Jul 03 @ 12:12 pm
In fact this utility only copy the comments from atomix to virtualdj.
Since the FAME engine is completely different in both software, you do have to rescan your entire library for the good volumes, bpm and rhythm informations.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 03 @ 12:15 pm
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Steph,

but is is not possible for the bpm to already be flaged as being calculated. I'm not to interested in gain/phase information at the moment.

Also readout seems a bit jerky, any possible solutions?

Dan

Posted Tue 01 Jul 03 @ 1:07 pm
I haven't got this program yet, but made a simple util to read stuff from atomixmp3 db into mysql db (like the bpm info). In theory i could mod this to write a vdj db, but like sclavel said, there's still these new infos and gains etc, those would be left empty with a partical conversion and it might not work like it should.. conclusion, better that you just scan again as i doubt we will see a converter, unless sclavel makes one himself. To tell you truth, i could only figure out the name,bpm,size info from the atomixdb, i have no idea what format the song length for example is in (i'd love to know that so i get it to my mysql db though).

Posted Tue 01 Jul 03 @ 11:14 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I figure a few weeks of gigs, and the files I need scanned will be. I'm starting fresh!

Posted Tue 01 Jul 03 @ 11:24 pm
Still doesn't work ??

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 4:28 am
androidi: we might publish the "virtualdj internal database" format if it's of any use.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 4:17 pm
I can't say whether there's many more people who would find the internal format useful, but eventually it might inspire some people to do useful tools around it. For me personally it would be useful as i primarily use a selfmade, more flexible, web search to find, sort and play songs with.

If you don't mind, i'd say a minor feature improvement here: I've been thinking of a way to have realtime information of currently playing song(s) in my system, whether in winamp/atomixmp3, so i could make statistics overall which songs i have played how long (over many plays) and to also make a rating system, so that if i play a lot of new tracks, i wouldn't need to remember their name - i could later just look how long i've played it or what rating i've given. Anyway currently i've planned to do this by a very complicated way, but if VDJ would provide a realtime information accessible from outside program about the full path+filename, making such a 3rd party tool for rating and such would be a lot simpler.

To get idea what length i've currently went to get this information, i used a sysinternals filemon source and modified it a bit to send the path+filename of currently playing mp3s to my program with sendmessage. But with this way it's would be necessary to run the modified filemon all time, not too sensible or convinient. Earlier i hoped that atomixmp3 would provide shoutcast server with the information about currently playing song, but as this isn't the case.. maybe vdj could have a internal web server or a special configuration setting that makes it send the song information etc internal variables to a web server (for processing with php for example)?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 5:13 pm
Needless to say, there's a general category plugin for winamp that sends info about playing song in winamp to web server of choice.. Similar for VDJ perhaps? Unfortunately my coding skill are c# oriented, making this plugin myself with c++ would be beyond my skill :(

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 5:16 pm
Lady Cameron, thanks for your interest. I'm waiting for the demo version of VDJ to see has been the problems i've mentioned of atomixmp3 forum in many occasion been fixed. I have not purchased Atomixmp3 yet.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 5:30 pm
Edit to above msg: it seem the message i responded disappeared to thin air and i also made horrible spelling errors, so .. :)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 5:32 pm
Sorry for this many posts in row, i just noticed that if there's a word p-l-u-g-i-n mentioned in post of demo user, there seems to be automated reply from Lady Cameron =)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 5:45 pm
There is several solution to your problem.

1- The easiest: use the history.txt file saved by virtualdj in its home directory. This file includes the time and the full path of all played songs.

2- You can easily make an effect plugin in C# for virtualdj. This plugin will have access to all the infos you need. But you will need to load the plugin in one of the 3 slots to have it work, so you will only have 5 slots left. (To have the plugin run without beeing activated, make it launch a new thread from the onload() function)

3- Virtualdj answers the winamp's WM_WA_IPC messages, so you can use the IPC_ISPLAYING, IPC_GETPLAYLISTFILE and IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLE from an external software. Check winamp's website for more info on the syntax of these functions.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 6:21 pm
Hi, these are certainly good features. To be able to have a internet radio stream with automatic info of playing song is important, atleast for me, when listening to internet radio stations.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 9:15 pm
Another solution might be have a utility that scans both the newly analysed vdj database and the old atomix database, extract the necessary info. i.e the BPM info from atomix and all other info respectively from the appropriate database and then make a new vdj internal database. To be honest, i have had to do all lot of manual BPM entry in atomix and would hate to have to do it again in vdj and to top it all off, one cannot create a kbd shortcut to manually enter the BPM, you just gotta "right click" and select the BPM field.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 7:06 pm
"one cannot create a kbd shortcut to manually enter the BPM, you just gotta "right click" and select the BPM field"

this was the major problem in atomix, it should not be so big trouble now with manual bpm tap function, or ??

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 7:30 pm
"it should not be so big trouble now with manual bpm tap function"

Sorry, i'll take this back, i saw a wmv video of the manual beat tap function, it still isn't made as i hoped it would be. The BPM tap is hidden in a popup menu, so if you are going to manually enter bpm's of many song in a row, it isn't very effective as you have to wave mouse around a lot.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 03 @ 11:57 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sorry to have to disagree with you there... the manual beat tap function is brilliant just as it is!

Posted Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 12:22 am
Well now that i've tried it myself, i still think that hiding the phase and bpm adjustment in the popup menu isn't very convinient. I hope there will be option so that one can adjust these from skin or key, like with other options. Or atleast have the BPM edit menu popup from pressing a key.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 03 @ 2:13 pm
74%