Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: crossfader

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just curious. Do you keep you crossfader at full or smooth to emulate a mixing board?

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 1:26 am
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
an real mixing board have the full and smooth option !

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 2:54 am
I meant, which do you use more often. Sorry

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 6:14 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use always the complete crossfader.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 6:21 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Me too but its because I use an external mixer... In a simple config without external mixer, the smooth crossfader sounds better... Just my opinion ;-)

Slash

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 8:14 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I prefer complete crossfader

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 9:00 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Lol !

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 9:09 pm
thanks...i think.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 1:35 am
i'm looking for a crossfader setting that has full through the middle half and fades out on each end quarter.. has that got a name?

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 1:46 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Full. Both decks are full in the center..

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 5:41 pm
Its hard to explain.

In numerical terms, on the crossfader scale of 0 - 4096.

I would like the fader to be full on both decks from 1024 - 3072 and fade out either side. Make sence?

Deck 1: Full from 0 - 3072 and fade out from 3072 - 4096

Deck 2: Full from 4096 - 1024 and fade out from 1024 - 0

Thats the best i can explain without a diagram.

Is this possible at all?

Posted Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 12:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I think every transition should be unique, in that there should be no set way of doing things

For example If I'm just getting the party started i'll put the crossfader on full and in the middle,

e.g for pop music that can't in most cases be mixed, when say britney spears is fading out or breaks down i'll then play the madonna song, to give it an overlaping but timed and appropiate sound, If However the song i'm playing into isn't so subtle then i'll keep the fader on full but a little further towards the current song that's playig (the exact position depends on the exact songs that are being mixed and the current positions in the mix)

For most dance music i'll opt for the smooth transition because to me that is nicer on the ears because the music doesn't get louder during the transition then quiter as the fader is brought to the other side, to me that's an anti climax to the music, just my opinion, If I have a new or more creative mix that i want to try or performe then i may use full

the full and smooth have different uses just like the fx to me, so I change the settings constantely to get the sound i want, however the cut isn't useful to me.....

Posted Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 7:18 pm
in7479Home userMember since 2004
Hello all, I think you all give some good tips and advice relating to various aspects of the software. I hope you could provide me a solution to this question I have. When in AutoMix mode in DJ MixStation2 can i gradually change the crossfader by changing some option in the settings. I've set it to smooth at the moment but it feels as if the slider changes to quickly....I've found in other pieces of software that you can change the crossfading time by 10secs or 12secs etc. I would be grateful if anyone has any tips or suggestions. Many thanks Imran

Posted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 3:19 pm
delly2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
can someone tell me how to, when automixing, pause my crossfade then continue from where I stopped without the crossfader starting over from the begining of either side of the crosdsfader?
Please,I would like to do this without adding another effect.
I tried an effect and when I paused the crossfading the music was paused also.
I would like to pause the crossfader without pausing the song too.
thanks if anyone can help here.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 12:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)