Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My Mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RebelUKHome userMember since 2003
Hi there, ive just recorded a mix ive done, im no pro dj,anyway, ive recorded a mix with atomix, so download it and tell me whats u guys think http://www.wayne2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mymix2.mp3 (Right click, save target as) its trance/dance music. i mixed track 2 fairly fast cos it went on a bit think it about 10mb

Posted Fri 13 Jun 03 @ 2:34 pm

Posted Fri 13 Jun 03 @ 2:36 pm
Right copy this in the browser and do it this was...tsk ive posted 3 times in me own thread just cos u cant edit, only a 5 song mix

Posted Fri 13 Jun 03 @ 2:59 pm

Posted Fri 13 Jun 03 @ 3:00 pm
the blending wasn't bad, i just didn't like any of the songs. not too sure about the selection of the final song either. try recording a 1 or 2 hour mix and i think you'll get a lot more out of it.

phatty720
dave

Posted Fri 13 Jun 03 @ 3:53 pm
r well u cant plese everyone with the music selection, imagine how much hard-drive space a 2 hour set would take! i dont think it was worth the hassle of me putting it on my web spce with just one reply, im leving it on for another 24 hours and taking it off, ill keep my mixes to myself next time

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 5:54 pm
*ill keep my mixes to myself next time*.....maybe your song is a wav..if so it is taking up an incredible amount of space....you need to reformat it into an MP3.... i use right-click mp3 encoder....it turns them into mp3s and back into wavs when you want to burn your mix to disc...if you want this encoder (its free) you can e-mail me and i`ll send you the link or the zip...your choice. it only takes up about 1.5 megs of space on your hard drive and you have lots of choices on the quality of sound that you can encode it to. i use 128 bit rate but you can go MUCH higher with this or even lower. as far as keeping your mixs to your self please don`t...it might help to list the songs you mixed and even if you don`t get many downloads for it KEEP MIXING.....this is one of the only few industrys where you improve daily...no matter how long you have been in it...each mix means you have grown.
Robert aka Raw-Bear
--------

NO MAIL please

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 6:08 pm
I know very well how much you would need for a 2 hours mix. Dude that's really not all that much. Start using some p2p apps and you'll build your music collection faster than you can imagine. I have a few gigs worth of mp3s and honestly, it still really isn't all that much. You can get a few gigs worth of good mp3's that you actually like in a few weeks, less if start getting addicted to it (which i'm sure many of us at one point or another already have).

and raw-bear was right, with this stuff you really can improve every single day you do it. I sucked super bad when i first started with this stuff about 1 1/2 years ago. One thing that did help tho was sitting down and recording 1 - 1.5 hour mixes and burning it to cd. after listening to it a few times you realize where you can improve, think of new stuff to do, etc. it's also cool to give your friends the cd's too.

phatty720
dave

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 7:44 pm
hey thanks dave(phatty)..........i`m going to check that site out as soon as i post this
Raw-Bear (Robert)

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 8:24 pm
Yeah i do use p2p programs to get my mp3's had about 2 and a bit gigs of them, just when u record mixes, it records them as a wav which takes up a lot of space, im not pro dj, just a bedroom dj, ive got decks had them for about 4 years, i was just pleased at how that mix turned out i done on atomix, and wanted to share it with yous, wish i had of recorded it when i was messing around cos it sounded much better, when i was flicking the cross-fader fro side to side, typical eh..oh well ill keep at it, and i might buy this after me hols :)

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 10:09 pm
hey rebeluk.....e-mail me and i`ll send you the "right click mp3 encoder" link and/or the program itself...it will turn that huge tidal wav of sound into an mp3...easiest de-coder i have EVER used...then after you have turned your wav into an mp3..........delete the wav

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 11:50 pm
Hey Raw-Bear,

Just started using mp3 from vinyl. Can u tell me the link or whatever to convert to .wav to .mp3 because thats a problem Ive been having with long mixing.
PS is it possible to preview next song with headphones with only one sound card? thanx

Posted Sun 15 Jun 03 @ 2:56 pm
HEy what hosting service do u use and how much does it cost cuz I want to post one of my mixes

Posted Sun 15 Jun 03 @ 7:48 pm
i just used the free webspace i got off my cable isp, 30mb with no advers and unlimeted bandwith, did u listen to my little mix, what did u think?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 03 @ 7:52 pm
by the way how many ppl have actually downloaded my mix?

Posted Mon 16 Jun 03 @ 10:25 pm
N ooo I gots Dial up

Posted Tue 17 Jun 03 @ 10:12 pm
Hey shorten up that url goto owns.it and regester a new url thatz much better looking, easier to use, and best part of its free!!!

Posted Tue 17 Jun 03 @ 10:14 pm
pottyHome userMember since 2003
yeah i hate being on dialup,

hey i might download it at work tomor, leave it up 4 a bit longer....

Posted Thu 19 Jun 03 @ 11:36 am
Hey XxNuMbR1StUnNrxX,

I see your still looking for webhosting with space. I usually go to this portal site that has tons of listings for hosting as well as reviews on services. It's called "ispcheck" do a search.

I don't know if the Atomix people will deleate the url but here it goes. http://www.ispcheck.com

Posted Thu 19 Jun 03 @ 2:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)