Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Want to learn to mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jonniefHome userMember since 2003
I have d/l the full version of atomixmp3 and I understand that the beats must match between songs for them to flow from one to another. I've played around with the waveforms to get the beats to match up using the pitch also.

I don't want to use the magic wand as I would rather learn the concepts without the computer doing it for me.

How is this done, whenever I try it sounds wierd and doesn't seem to flow. Could anyone recommend some songs to practice on so that I can easily blend songs together.

I hope someone can help.

Posted Wed 14 May 03 @ 1:54 am
Hi,

When mixing it is essential that u dont have the bass of the next track on full. U must turn down the bass on one track b4 attempting to mix. If u have the bass full on both sides it will get distorted and sound dodgy.

Also u gotta get the gain on the track that u are mixin into, to the same volume as the playin track, otherwise the next track will either be too loud or too low.

I have also noticed that sometimes u have to slightly nudge the beats out on the display window of atomix to get the actual tracks to sync.... but this only happens on sum tracks and is quite rare.

Hope this helps..

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Wed 14 May 03 @ 1:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)