Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Final Scratch & Traktordj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MalsaleHome userMember since 2003
I recently visisted traktordj's web site and they have just merge both products (stanton's final scratch & traktordj). They will soon offer final scratch with traktordj`s software. Since that Atomixmp3 is a competitor(to my opinion) of Traktordj, I'd like to know if Atomixmp3 would consider such venture, or offer a some kind of alternative to that interesting concept. What do other users think?

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 4:41 am
Ive tried final scratch, its pretty cool if your really into scratching and very deadset on using decks for mixing. For me though its not nessacary. I have copied all my vinyl to mp3 for one thing, and im just used to using the up and down arrows to beatmatch as i used to be touching the platter. Now with how final scratch is as of now, there are no cue points, beatmatching, looping etc. Its just a digital player for the turntable. I think thats a shame as on the fly looping for example is such a great tool. Maybe if they have a final scrath where the decks control atomix and you still have fx, looping, the beat display window etc it would be cool. But unless you have decks already, i couldnt see any befinfit to make it worth getting the extra hardware to make the system work

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 9:17 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I wonder if looping would be even possible with such a setup since the track position is determined on where the needle is on the track.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 1:53 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was nearly temted by final scratch until I realised, basically all it is, is a complete vinyl setup where you don't need records, it converts mp3's and plays them on a special time coded record. So: only looping functions come by physicaly, spinning the record back. No improvement on vinyl whatsoever. Final scratch is a tool for vinyl dj's who want to have a record collection as vast as those you can have from collecting mp3's. Allthough I think final scratch is a brilliant technology I wont be using it as I am not a vinyl DJ but an MP3 DJ.
Thanks
Jukeys

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 2:16 am
One thing I don't like about PC DJing is the naming of the software and functions. I don't see why it has to be assumed that all PC DJing is being done with MP3s. It can also be CDs, WAVs, etc. Why name AtomixMP3 or have a button called MP3 to browse for files in GreecePro skin.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 10:07 pm
kokiHome userMember since 2003
could you please give me the registration crack for the full version of atomix I can`t order it from my country
by the way I am from Macedonia
Please! Thank you very much!!!!!

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 10:37 pm
Why don't you have someone from US order it for you and send it over? That would be much better then getting banned from this wonderful Atomixmp3 forum.

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 12:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)