Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: What i do for bpm on hip hop dnb jungle ect...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what i do if im having trouble matching bpm and dont have time to count beats on hip hop jungle dnb songs i click at different points of the song and look at the lcl bpm reading. if u have a good guess at around what it should be look to see if - lets say u click at a point towards the begining of a song and the bpm read 70 and the lcl bpm read 90 then click further ahead and see if the lcl bpm read again 90 try right clicking on the bpm in the browser and changing it to 90.
the more u click at different points of the song the better chance u have of seeing the correct bpm in the lcl bpm - it works everytime for me - sometimes the lcl bpm keep changing but look out to see if it keeps going back to the same number. "Whew" thats a lot of typin for me lol so i hope this helps somebody!

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 8:24 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I definately agree with what you have wrote, for me when I can't find a songs bpm I use another song that I know has a solid bpm that I think is close then I modify the song I had trouble with.

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 9:53 am
atomix is limited to what types of beat patterns it can recognize with the algorithms programmed.. probably the only solution to this is not to use the software beatmix feature and mix it by headphones? even some professional mixers (e.g. the pioneer DMJ-500) dont always hit the bpm targets in their auto bpm counters.. cueing and then correcting the pitch to beatmix like its done on real decks.. takes a lot of practice to get it down solid but thats djing for ya.. =p
best solution for this would be 2 soundcards too, one dedicated for the headphone cueing and the other preferably a digital output if you are planning to record...

unless some hardcore coder/mathematian can work out an add-on to recognize more complex patterns, im guessing its the only way. the computer isnt as smart as the brain. =)

-djunify

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 4:31 pm
Use a manual tempo calculator such as 'The Tempo Tapper' app to manually calculate the BPM for music that doesn't calc very well. Then enter the bpm manually in the Music pane.

The url for the tempo is:
http://likai.net/taptap/

Posted Thu 30 May 02 @ 1:34 am
groyn02Home userMember since 2002
Another way is to start your drum 'n' bass track playing at normal speed then start another track with a simple 4/4 beat and pitch that up, moving it constantly to align the beats then when it sounds good manually enter the bpm reading from the second track as your bpm for your drum 'n' bass track.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 02 @ 6:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)