Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: auto exit cue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

maxxHome userMember since 2001
when in the auto play mode it would be nice to see you adapt an auto exit cue that can detect when the song is over so there is not a long gap between songs.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 02 @ 8:00 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Set cue points at the end of your tracks then in the options menu select end @ cue 2.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 02 @ 1:17 am
End at cue 2 is rather daft considering you would most likely have more than 2 cuepoints in most tracks.. after all we have 5 cuepoints to play around so.. but I guess we have to adjust and set nr 1 as the first beat, nr 2 as the end-marker and the remaining 3 can be used freely...
That is if you HAVE to use the autoplay feature which will make a pretty dull mix :)

Posted Wed 07 Aug 02 @ 11:10 am
Actually, I'm a bit confused:

????

Automix start: Cue
Automix end: Cue 1

????

At which cuepoint does the Automix start with these settings? the first one obviously..
And at which cuepoint does it seem that the automix should end? The firs one also????

The configuration-options for the Automix-feature seems to more than a little messed up...

How about a more logical layout like
Automix start: first cuepoint encountered (timewise that is, no nr. just the one that is set closest to the beginning)
Automix start: last cuepoint encountered (not neccesarily nr.5 just the one that is closest to the end of the track)

Just a thought... might make things a little clearer if it was layed out like this :)

Posted Wed 07 Aug 02 @ 11:25 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here's a thought, as the song nears the end... press the play button on the next song. Revolutionary I know. But that way you have complete control over when the next xong starts, and there will be no "long gap".

Posted Wed 07 Aug 02 @ 3:25 pm
When you are in the automatic mixing mode and you put 20 or 30 songs in to listen to. It would be nice to have the program see the waves ending point and not the length ending point.
I hope i explained this better. I agree with start and end Q's and for mixing each song. Some times I like to just let the music play.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 02 @ 7:58 pm
About the numbers of the cue points : "cue" is default cue point, usually "1" key, and "cue 1" is the second one, usually "2" key. I agree it's quite confusing.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 02 @ 3:57 am
@Damocles: hehe.. thanks for clearing that up for me.. it certainly makes a lot of sence.. Hurray for the teamers ;)

@Impressions: Oh my... my mind boggles: it's like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel all over again... :)
Seriously, I agree with you.. as I said the Automix tends to give you a VERY dull and mechanic mix and I prefer to press Play and play around with all the available functions in Atomix, not just listen to some rigidly timed Automix.. Looks like we could start Sarcastic Posters Club here ;)

Posted Thu 08 Aug 02 @ 11:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)