Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Issues.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have to say I do like this new version, it has a few things that need looking at, but most can wait until the appearance of new skins and update patches.

Two things that need addressing rather quickly in my opinion are these:

1 - Moving the equalizers still produces a faint crackle, if you have the music as loud as I do, this is very noticeable. I assume this is a fault in Atomix and not with my computer setup?

2 - Why on earth have you changed the up and down arrow keys from altering the pitch to now moving the cursor through the playlist?? Why change something that was perfect? Before you could happily and EASILY (conveniently) nudge the beats of the out-of-sync tune so they line-up again with the left/right arrow keys while at the same time without moving your hand, alter the pitch as necessary to keep the beats in sync. Now you have to nudge the tune into sync with the arrow keys, then go to the +/- buttons on the edge of the keyboard and alter the pitch, then go back to the arrow keys and nudge the tune back into sync, then again alter the pitch if necessary on the edge of the keyboard, and so on, it is rather convoluted don't you think?

You now need three hands to do the job as easily as it used to be, you cannot move the mouse about with one hand while using the other to keep flicking from side to side on the keyboard trying to do two things that need doing at the same time. I just don't understand, did the developers actually prefer the shortcut keys where they now are, they found it easier than having the arrow keys do the job? Why change something for the sake of change?

Before anybody tells me to assign the shortcut keys to how I like them in the configurations menu, allow me to pre-empt that response and say now that the up/down arrow keys are not listed in the settings, only the left/right keys are. I am surprised by the way they have decided to do the key assignment, instead of listing the functions and then allowing absolutely any key to be chosen for it, they instead have put a list of the keys they have chosen to be used and then put a list of the functions that can be assigned to those keys. Had it been done the other way around, I could have chosen the up/down arrow keys to alter the pitch with no problem. Strange.

Any ideas on how these faults can be rectified? Without adequate shortcut keys for the most essential item - the pitch - this program is useless to me.

MiXmAsTeR

(The author accepts no responsibility for any mistakes or misconceptions contained in the above text, the above text is copyrighted, any altering/editing is prohibited and is punishable by death)

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 6:12 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
lol!!! calm down Mixmaster i will not moderate your message!!!!!

great ideas so i will forward it to the author.

In fact now I have a new idea for the shortcuts engine !

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 6:19 pm
MiXmAsTeR,

I don't understand your post.

- Go into shortcuts
- look for "Pitch Up Active Desk" and "Pitch Down Active Desk"
- select on of them
- click on the "Change" button
- press either arrow Up or arrow Down (depending on what you've chosen)
- You'll see that the assignment will change
- do the same for the other option, and you're settled no ?
- click on save, select "default.scu" (unless you want to save it under a different config name) and confirm

....unless I miss something fundamental here...

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 6:36 pm
Thank you DJ Corpse, you were indeed right and I have now assigned the arrow keys as wanted. I apologise for the mistake, but I did say at the bottom of the message that I accept no responsibility for any misconceptions or mistakes, so it's not my fault.

Still, the crackling on the sound is a problem, assuming, of course, that it is the program causing it.

MiXMAsTeR

Posted Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 8:21 pm
my way of handling keyboard keys

a) delete all the setting out of the shortcuts menu
b) get little sticky labels for your keyboard keys
c) mark up your keyboard with all your functions, i used two letter abbreviations
d) program the shortcuts as the keyboard indicates

I've got cue setting/jumping, beatmatching, crossfader, beat skip, and stop on my keypad. 6 keys above the arrows (home, etc, pgupdn, ins/del) are low/mid/hi kill/normal switches, -, +, and = as effects, for nudge, up/down for pitch, ctrl on up/down for fine pitch ... I'm still working on my definitions... but when I'm done I could post a link to the definitions file, if it works out good.

I can NOT complain about 2.0.. no bitchin yet!

Posted Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 8:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)