Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with sound quality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I purchased atomix more than half a year ago, but never checked out the forums before. I have a problem and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I have Atomix on a Win 2000 machine running on pentium 3, 800 Mhz with 128 MB RAM, 2 sound card setup and an external mixer. When I just play a song, the sound quality is great. But when I increase the pitch (say from 130 bpm to 140 bpm), the sound starts to deteriorate, regardless whether I have master temp on or off. When I have the master tempo on, it seems that the beats of the song deteriorate (the low and the mid), and when the master tempo is set as off, I get distortions in the high frequencies. Does this happen to anyone else? And if so, is there anything I can do to fix this. Thanks for any help.

Posted Sun 05 Aug 01 @ 11:56 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Try to limit the pitch course to +8 / -8.

Also note that we'll improve the sound quality a lot in the next version !

- Dams -

Posted Mon 06 Aug 01 @ 9:33 am
Thanks, that helps but it's not a big improvement. I'll be looking forward the most to improved sound quality in the new version. I think that's the weakest side of atomix at this moment.

Posted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 3:50 am
Thanks, that helps but it's not a big improvement. I'll be looking forward the most to improved sound quality in the new version. I think that's the weakest side of atomix at this moment.

Posted Wed 08 Aug 01 @ 3:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)