Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Creating a Mega Mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of software / process for creating a megamix like a Nick Skitz Wild or Alex K.

I've looked at using Atomix, but this would be a VERY time consuming process since it would have to be done in recorded layers, converted back to MP3, then re-recorded with each addition.

Are there any others software packages out there that allow you to work in virtual layers, viewing and listening to each captured layer together or apart depending upon what is selected?

I'm hoping the next version of Atomix will allow for these types of mixes, but I might be looking at using the wrong application type. Maybe I'm needing something more like a music composition program in which I import each sample?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 04 May 01 @ 6:20 am
Try using MixMeister to sequence mixes. It is more of a production tool than a live performance one like Atomix.

www.mixmeister.com

Posted Fri 04 May 01 @ 6:58 pm
ACiD From Sonic Foundry would be a halfway decent program for this, and it's cheaper than their ALL-IN-ONE A/V package Vegas Audio.

Posted Sun 06 May 01 @ 9:13 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
R!SC what software did u use for your remix of Icarus???

coz i think that software would be an excelent tool for any computer DJ/Producer...
it may also help z_wrench and me in our quest to make megamixes as fantastically as aussie djs i.e. DJ KCB (download off napster the Wild 11 & 13 megamixes) and Alex K.....

Peace and Happy mixin.!!!
DJ NERO
[soon to be DJ Atomix]

Posted Sat 12 May 01 @ 5:06 pm
RiscHome userMember since 2003
Yo Nero,
I used......
Cooledit 2000 (with plugins)
Cubase VST 5
Creative wave edit
Fruity Loops 3
and a few delay/flange tools. I am as yet to find any package that offers all of the above in one, but if one exists it will be very harsh on the wallet...

L8R,

-= R ! S C =-
Team Atomix

Posted Sat 12 May 01 @ 8:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)