Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loosing a saved Playlist
I need some advice from the professionals here Please. This has happened about a dozen times recently and causing concern, I work on a wedding playlist, save it and then when I go back to retrieve it ... there is nothing or something totally different
Side note, I may use a previous playlist to add to the nights event and when I go back to the original playlist at a later date ... that playlist has been altered without any actions from me (that I'm aware of) This has caused me to save my playlist on a separate thumb drive, just in case and it happened again today. What am I doing wrong , what are some possiblities to check in settings.

I thank you in advance for all you folks do, this support is exactly why I purchased the program years ago. Sincerely Michael aka DJ older than dirt lol.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 24 @ 3:58 pm
Update that might shed light. After losing about five playlist , I started making a copy of the playlist and saving it to a thumb drive. So glad I did, I set up my ceremony and was in the reception area setting up the second rig. I then went out to start the music for the ceremony, I believe the computer was somehow in sleep mode, I woke it up to find the list was no longer in the Automix panel, and when I clicked on the saved list , Under Playlist.... there were two random songs that popped up... the whole list was gone. Thank goodness for my backup. I would really like some help on this one guys. I'm losing faith in the playlist being saved.
Also, it appears that anytime I add a song to a previous playlist. it is Automatically saved to that playlist. I'll do some researrch later tonight but welcome your professional wisdom. Thanks in advance.

Posted 5 days ago @ 3:53 pm
soenPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
I don't know if it helps you any, but I'm now finding that VirtualDJ is saving playlists in unexpected places, on a drive that has been removed. I thought I had lost a playlist recently, double checked to make sure all my drives were online, one wasn't, reconnected it and the playlist reappeared - Despite having the previous 30 playlists.

Posted 5 days ago @ 7:03 pm
thanks but after doing more research , this is not something rare, something has changed, I've never lost playlist like this till version was updated a few months back . I just thought it was me but others having similiar issues. this has happened maybe 10 times and also , added songs to a current saved playlist... I didn't really want to add them, If I did I would resave the playlist. Now I will have a backup until I can gain some confidence in this version.

Posted 5 days ago @ 2:48 am