Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ1000 VU metre not working
Hi all. Please can one of lovely people help. My Pioneer DDJ 1000 has decided not to show the main output VU metre. This is still running the older version (havent updated my main DJ laptop yet). Im using a Windows 10 PC with good spec. All worked fine then i noticed after Christmas it just stopped. Many thanks

Posted Wed 24 Apr 24 @ 8:11 am
The "main" (master) VUmeters of DDJ-1000 are hardware operated.
As soon as any sound is routed on master output of DDJ-1000 and the master volume knob is turned to the right, the VUmeters should light up / show the current output level (post fader vumeters)

Tips:
1) Vumeters will not turn on if master volume knob is turned all the way to the left (no volume). Vumeters are POST fader, and show the overal output AFTER master volume knob adjustment

2) Vumeters will not turn on if the sound interface of the DDJ-1000 is not used. In other words, if you use your DDJ-1000 as a controller, but you have selected to output VirtualDJ's master output somewhere else (e.g. your laptop's speakers or another sound interface) then master vumeters will not light up. As I said, they show the volume output of the CONTROLLER itself (hardware operation) and not of the software.

3) Try to play an analog source on a channel of DDJ-1000 mixer, and route that channel on the master.
If you can hear the analog source on the speakers attached to the controller (in a reasonable volume) but the master vumeters still don't turn on, then your unit has a hardware fault and you should arrange to send it away for service/repair.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 24 @ 8:44 am
Thanks so much

Posted Thu 25 Apr 24 @ 1:18 pm