Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Having issues with Ableton Link
jartlettPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
So, I'm struggling using Ableton Live alongside VDJ. For the record I never have before, and this may be due to a knowledge gap.

I have installed the Ableton Link plugin, and added it to the master in VDJ
I have set up Ableton Link in Ableton Live.
In Ableton Live, when I click the 'Link' button, it shows one linked device, and changes the BPM in the DAW to a different one.
The issue is, the BPM isn't the same as the one in VDJ, and doesn't sync to it in any way. adjusting the BPM in VDJ does nothing to the BPM in Ableton Live.
However they must be linked in some capacity, as when I close VDJ, Ableton Live immediately shows it isn't linked to anything...
What is it I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 4:27 pm
Active firewalls on both Mac and Windows computers can stop Link from working. You may need to ensure that Port 20808 is not blocked. Link doesn't work over a VPN (Virtual private network). Link doesn't work over Bluetooth.If you're using Ableton Live, you'll need to enable the Link control in your DAW window. Use the top menu or press command-, to bring up the preferences window and click the Link MIDI tab. Click “Show Link Toggle” to display the Link button in the top left corner

Posted Fri 26 Apr 24 @ 7:30 am