Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New Virtual DJ would not play videos extended display
SSoundPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi I had raise this issue before ,still happening.since 2010 wich starting working with Virtual DJ 7 with only MP4 videos with windows 7,never had a problem,since working with window 11 and latest Virtual DJ after every 6 o 7 times of used with only MP4 VIDEOS when start up Virtual DJ would not go to extended display,everything you can imagen need to try,reset data,reset Laptop, the only way UNINSTALLED totally Virtual DJ and reinstalled it again as soon start new installed Virtual DJ it works perfect,also apply the YOUR suggestion before NOT DIFFERENT

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 8:14 am
It's more likely a Windows issue. Win 11 can be buggy in places so try Win 10 if you can. Never had any issues with that in years playing videos in VDJ.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 8:20 am
suggestion if you can set aside pride/anger/frustration for a bit and treat this as a new problem since i've never seen a post about this before and you haven't provided any real troubleshooting information, lets rewind and see if we can get some details? because sometimes it's just a silly little detail we miss that gets us.
full computer specs - especially graphics card type and video memory
video settings in Options?
is video set to activate on loading to a deck? - search Startvideoonload in the Options search box and make sure it's set to yes.
display in Windows settings set to Extended instead of mirrored?
How many extended displays do you have set AND where are they set? we had a problem at the sports bar next door and they coudn't figure it out until i showed them that someone who didn't know what they were doing had changed a monitor setting and they couldn't get any video at all because there was a monitor set completely wrong.

it happens and like a lot of small details it's just something simple we miss.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 10:02 am
kradcliffe wrote :
It's more likely a Windows issue. Win 11 can be buggy in places so try Win 10 if you can. Never had any issues with that in years playing videos in VDJ.

Thank you for your advice but also try older laptop with windows 10 same problem,sometime the only solutions is to go back Virtual DJ 2018,only guessing because HDMI connection run into a Matrix with send the video signal to 3 projectors may be affecting set up on Virtual DJ

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 10:54 am
kradcliffe wrote :

Thank you for your advice but also try older laptop with windows 10 same problem,sometime the only solutions is to go back Virtual DJ 2018,only guessing because HDMI connection run into a Matrix with send the video signal to 3 projectors may be affecting set up on Virtual DJ

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 10:54 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
suggestion if you can set aside pride/anger/frustration for a bit and treat this as a new problem since i've never seen a post about this before and you haven't provided any real troubleshooting information, lets rewind and see if we can get some details? because sometimes it's just a silly little detail we miss that gets us.
full computer specs - especially graphics card type and video memory
video settings in Options?
is video set to activate on loading to a deck? - search Startvideoonload in the Options search box and make sure it's set to yes.
display in Windows settings set to Extended instead of mirrored?
How many extended displays do you have set AND where are they set? we had a problem at the sports bar next door and they coudn't figure it out until i showed them that someone who didn't know what they were doing had changed a monitor setting and they couldn't get any video at all because there was a monitor set completely wrong.

it happens and like a lot of small details it's just something simple we miss.

I will try to supply most detail you need,you need to realize that since start using almost 14 years ago Virtual DJ only work with MPEG4 Videos always try to keep video to MPEG-4 AVC (1080X1920,25 p) definition or below,laptop specification Acer Nitro 5 N20c1 /Gtx 1060Ti /16GB /512GB SSD Intel Core i5 10Th Gen 16GB 512 SSD
Always update Virtual DJ and windows 11,only as reference previous version of windows 10 never updated and never updated Virtual DJ 8,NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
One time spend more 3 hours resetting display,laptop,Virtual DJ without any result again only way uninstalled complete and installed again,final tested plug in hdmi cable to old laptop windows 10 Virtual DJ 8 works,my only wild guess something wrong with data settings in New Virtual DJ because that after used a few time would not allow me extended display 100

Posted 3 days ago @ 4:10 am
something is not right. VirtualDJ natively supports all of these file formats. not just ONE video format and i can even drag and drop a 2k, 4k, or even 8k video recorded on my phone into a deck and it will play

mp3,wav,cda,wma,asf,ogg,ogm,m4a,aac,aif,aiff,flac,mpc,ape,avi,mpg,mpeg,wmv,vob,mov,divx,mp4,m4v,mkv,flv,webm,vdj,vdjcache,vdjcachev,vdjedit,vdjsample

there is definitely something missing in there that is preventing them from playing

there has been a release since last post that might be worth looking into https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/changelog.html
but if that doesn't do it then opening a support ticket is gonna be the next step because you're describing a long-term issue that i've never seen anyone else post about.

Posted 3 days ago @ 5:07 am
Lost in translation - I don't think Ssound is claiming that VDJ only works with MP4.

I think what they're saying is that they're only using MP4. It is a bit hard to understand though.

In one post it's stated that the problem also happens on an older laptop, but in the next it says the old laptop works....

Considering that uninstall/reinstall fixes it, seems like a VDJ setting IMO. Maybe try deleting the settings.xml rather than uninstalling.

Posted 2 days ago @ 7:18 am