Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Type in desired BPM
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I often DJ alongside somebody else, and occasionally we'll mix between our two laptops. If I'm taking over from a song he's playing, in the absence of any network sync options, I usually look over at his screen, then manually adjust my bpm to his (or do it by ear, like we did in ye olde days!). However, my pitch fader rarely has the right resolution to match it exactly, so I just have to get it as close as I can then ride the pitch bend buttons through the mix. What would be really handy would be the ability to enter the desired tempo manually via the keyboard in this instance. For example, maybe right-clicking on the displayed BPM on the deck and being able to type in a number, rather than making microscopic adjustments to the pitch fader. To be clear, I'm not talking about the BPM editor - the grid is all set up properly, I'm talking about adjusting the playback tempo during mixing!

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 1:07 am
there is a set_bpm verb that could do the trick but you would have to edit it each time

just throw on custom button

Deck 1 set_bpm 125

just an example

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 1:44 am
No. Set_BPM changes the BPM of the song to the given value. It DOES NOT change the tempo of the song to match the given value as the OP wants.

I'll have to check the correct syntax, but I think pitch 125 bpm should work to set the pitch (tempo) of the track so that it does become 125 BPM for instance.

I'll check and repost later.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 4:40 am
oh i see my bad

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 1:46 pm