Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Delayed mix FXs?
Would it be possible to get a mix FX option, that gives you a sort of “delayed mix FXs”?
Meaning that it wouldn’t kick in before the center position of the crossfader has been passed, and all the FX changes on both tracks will then happen in the final 49% of the crossfading?

The reason being that you can then engage the mix FX without any untended audio change, when the crossfader is in the center

The downside will of course be that you will get less smooth mix FXs when the option is enabled, and it may also only make sense with some crossfader curve settings

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 9:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It could technically, it's just a value from a slider that makes other things happen, but I'm struggling to understand it practically.

XF is at 0.5 and you switch it on, which direction does it favour? It would have to be a guess.
At crossfader centre you're very much in the mix already so I can't see what else you'd want to do that would be smooth.
Maybe I'm missing an idea

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 2:51 pm
That's what I was thinking when I first read it. Surely if you're using the crossfader, it would be either to one side or the other. The only time it would be (briefly) in the middle is mid-mix.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 2:57 pm
locodog wrote :
It could technically, it's just a value from a slider that makes other things happen, but I'm struggling to understand it practically.

XF is at 0.5 and you switch it on, which direction does it favour? It would have to be a guess.
At crossfader centre you're very much in the mix already so I can't see what else you'd want to do that would be smooth.
Maybe I'm missing an idea

The MixFX are already "aware" of this I think
For instance when you use loop roll mixfx, only the outgoing track reacts and loops - the incoming tracks just plays on
The idea is that the loop roll should not start until you've crossfaded passed center, so that nothing happens if you enable mixfx while the crossfader is centered
Does it make sense?

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 4:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yeah that makes sense for "one way mixes", when you start thinking about some kind of 2 way, both deck filtering & eq, the start in the middle idea gets confusing.

I recently made a virtualFX that does a bpm mixfx [kinda like auto_bpm_transition, but freehand]

So yeah the crossfader [virtualfx monitoring the xf] can be directed to do whatever you want at whatever point you want.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 4:58 pm