Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Auto BPM Transition (Crossfader)
Currently the length of the transition is set via the beat grid: 4, 8, 16, etc.

For more fine-grained control, and for more creativity, could we have the option to link to the crossfader?

• If the fader is to the side of the source deck: 0%
  • To the target side: 100%
  • Therefore, if in the middle 50%

I liken this to the video crossfader. I prefer to use the deck faders and only ever use the crossfader for video transitions, but this would give us soooo much more control if we could link the crossfader to the Auto BPM Transition.

• No longer is the transition fixed by beats
  • I can reverse the transition if I want to
  • I can extend the transition, even play up and down the BPM as I go
  • I can use the STEMS pads to what I want, when I want, during the transition
  • I can loop, not loop, loop again as I much as I want
  • I can go quick or slow
  • If I do reverse the transition, all the way back to the source deck, then I've got an instant way to cancel and reset with swift push of the crossfader

It simply removes all the boundaries, meaning I can choose when I start, end or back out of the transition and everything inbetween.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 24 @ 8:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I just prototyped it with a virtualfx, works.
was going to post a video but my upload speed is tragic right now [like sub ISDN speeds :/ ]

A limitation is when starting the crossfader has to be fully one way or the other [maybe obvious but some don't consider the maths involved and presume computers can guess/mind read]

I'm still thinking on a little extra feature but the maths is tricky so I won't include it for now
If I made it a mixfx it would be problematic / not as good., plus not being a mixfx means you can stack one of those on top if you want.

if virtualfx will do the job, pm me your machine type [win 86, 64, mac intel, arm] tell me what you want to call it, and then I'll knock up some files, if you think it worth a beer.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 24 @ 11:12 pm
finally...

Posted Tue 13 Feb 24 @ 8:29 am
I'm just reading up on VirtualFX, I'll come back to you.

Good to know it's possible though...

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 8:17 am
Ah I've just been reminded that smart_fader exists, it was bugging me while I was reinventing this wheel, that there was already something that did this but I couldn't remember what it was.

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 6:10 pm