Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Script to calculate temporary stems for a loaded track
Would love a script to initiate 2.0 Stems computation, for a loaded track.

For all local files I currently have stems stored on hard drive, but for Beatport tracks the stems need to be computed each time the track is loaded.
I have noticed that, not often, (maybe 1 in 70 tracks) that the stems calculation fails. (no error ) just the stems were there, then after some time, no stems for the track ...
I believe the issue occurs when the Beatport is slow to download the track and the stems catches up with a file that does not exist yet... and thus fails.. (an assumption).

No matter the cause.. (willing to test if, or look for error codes, if that would be of assistance) when in middle of playing a track and stems disappear.. would like to have a script to start stems computation of the loaded track again... (if one was not in middle of mixing, then one could unload and reload the track to re-initiate stems computations)

Note: In all cases, reloading a track, (unloading and reloading track to a deck), does successfully create stems. (so its not the track) (or could be a corrupted track or as mentioned not fully downloaded track)

Note 2: cloning to another drive, does not initiate stems, to be created if they have failed.

I have witnessed stems disappear from a track..... the EZ-Remix EQs turn to Freq EQs in the midst of mixing.

Wish for a script to calculate temporary stems for a loaded track.

maybe something like:
loaded_file_create_stems

Posted Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 6:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could try if settings stems to disabled and re-enabling works

Posted Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 6:43 am
Thanks for the quick reply..

I know that if track is loaded .. with stems turned off..... stemsRealtimeSeparation Fullly Disabled

That changing to stemsRealtimeSeparation Always
only starts the 2.0 Stems engine.. as one can see in status.

But it does NOT start to calculate the stems of an already loaded track.
I have buttons on skin to switch stem creation modes.. and at times forget I have stems disabled, during previewing, and if I wish to have stems, need to reload the track after enabling stems (turning on stems engine).

Have not tried in the case of a failed stems creation, will try.. when that happens again... but suspect that .. would be similar to above mentioned case, of a loaded track needing to be reloaded.

Seems Stems creation is only triggered during load. (and not when cloning).
Hence the inspiration for my wish, for a script to.. re-initiate stems creation, in the not common, but also not rare case.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 7:32 am