Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: POI (Cues, Markers, etc) Follow Set List
When using a track in a certain setlist (playlist), I fill the track with cue points, markers for notes, etc. The problem is when I want to use the same track for a different setlist but in a different way, all those POIs from the first set list are still there. I could always make a copy of the file and just have a second track but that muddys up my library.

It would be amazing to have the ability to set the POIs to follow the set list. Or maybe even a special POI type added to the POI editor that allows you to select the playlist that track is in. So when you load that track from the playlist, only those POIs show up.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 24 @ 4:27 am
Although your use case seems like it can quickly get confusing (to me), this might already be achievable using the track cleaner.
Any track cleaner edit you save (not export) results in a (relatively) smaller vdjedit file that behaves like a recorded sequence of macro manipulations to the original file, and basically functions like a separate music file, and can have it's own POIs associated with it. You don't have to do any edits though, so you can have multiple "representations" of the same song, even with different basic metadata info (artist name, title, etc).
For your per playlist case, you can just save a track cleaner edit per playlist, (probably with extra playlist identifying info in the track title) and then add your specific POIs to each as desired.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 24 @ 2:22 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Although your use case seems like it can quickly get confusing (to me), this might already be achievable using the track cleaner.
Any track cleaner edit you save (not export) results in a (relatively) smaller vdjedit file that behaves like a recorded sequence of macro manipulations to the original file, and basically functions like a separate music file, and can have it's own POIs associated with it. You don't have to do any edits though, so you can have multiple "representations" of the same song, even with different basic metadata info (artist name, title, etc).
For your per playlist case, you can just save a track cleaner edit per playlist, (probably with extra playlist identifying info in the track title) and then add your specific POIs to each as desired.

Very interesting concept. I'll take a look. Could be a good workflow. Thanks for the help!!

Posted Wed 17 Jan 24 @ 9:38 pm