Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using 1 turntable & timecode record, How do i play a beat in deck A & cut over the top off it with an accapella or whatever on deck B???
I have the little Headache sounds Omni portable turntable with the built in DVS & crossfader, I have serato timecode vinyl. The software works great, The fader is controlling the software after a bit of headscratching, The stretching sounds smooth, Haven't checked out the stems yet as i still neeed to get familiar with basic navigation.

Now i want to load a track into the left deck cue it up & let it run whilst i add a track to the right hand deck with an accapella or sound fx & cut over the top of this without the timecode vinyl interfering with the audio in the left hand deck, Just now it controls both, I stop the vinyl it stops both tracks, i want to be able to switch control of either side to my physical single deck...Anybody know how to implement this?

Do i have to loop up the beat on the virtual deck for 16 bars before it will release it from physical deck timecode sync??

I was looking for some sort of assign button to assign the virtual deck in the software to a physical controller deck which would also has a 'none' or 'mute' option???

None of the tutorials touch on this type of setup

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Peace!

Posted Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 9:25 am
The vinyl will only control the deck you assign it on in the setup of it
Then you can map the swap deck feature to a keyboard key and thereby have the controlled always be the one you want to control, and the other be left untouched

Posted Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 10:53 am
I did a video showing what I mean
(sorry about scratching/blocking the mic a bit in the beginning of the video)

Posted Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 1:16 pm
Thank you, Appreciated!

With pro level software i'm looking for a function like this to be a softkey command off the bat, Not get into programming & understanding script jargon just for a basic feature (in my mind).

I just watched your other video & i selected the Pro skin with the 'user buttons' i pressed 1 & setup deckswap but when i setup timecode these user buttons dissappear from the skin! It took me a moment to work out you press the box to the left of this section to flick through USER, HOTKEY & LINE INPUT.

So now i can indeed get the deck is swapping from A to B & back again but the audio stops & the waveform moves from one deck to the other....hmmmm.

What am i doing wrong?

Peace!

Posted Tue 28 Nov 23 @ 7:33 am
Since you're using a single timecode deck, edit your button and use this code:
deck 1 timecode_active 1 on ? deck 1 timecode_active 1 off & deck 2 timecode_active 1 on & deck 2 select : deck 2 timecode_active 1 off & deck 1 timecode_active 1 on & deck 1 select

Posted Tue 28 Nov 23 @ 8:44 am
user28130944 wrote :
Thank you, Appreciated!

With pro level software i'm looking for a function like this to be a softkey command off the bat, Not get into programming & understanding script jargon just for a basic feature (in my mind).

I just watched your other video & i selected the Pro skin with the 'user buttons' i pressed 1 & setup deckswap but when i setup timecode these user buttons dissappear from the skin! It took me a moment to work out you press the box to the left of this section to flick through USER, HOTKEY & LINE INPUT.

So now i can indeed get the deck is swapping from A to B & back again but the audio stops & the waveform moves from one deck to the other....hmmmm.
What am i doing wrong?

Nothing probably - you are probably just not preparing the mixer for the other deck to be the primary deck - so basically turning up it's volume / setting the crossfader in the middle

Posted Tue 28 Nov 23 @ 9:36 am
Thanks guys, Really appreciate the input & help!

I have simplified it down to using the Pro skin layout & just turning timecode control for each deck off (in the line input box) when i'm moving to the other, I just use the mouse pointer to select which deck to load a new track into, Works great & simplifies everything. No overcomplicated scripts to create a shortcut or sub menus to navigate.

Peace!

Posted Tue 28 Nov 23 @ 7:38 pm