Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tidal error. Help!!!!! - Page: 1
djcachoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello good day. Since the last update (v2023 7759) it returns an error when trying to load any Tidal song.
I have an Individual Tidal Hi-Fi account and so far I have never had loading problems.
The error it reports is "Download error (requested quality is not allowed in user’s subscription).
I need to solve it quickly for my events.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 10:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
 Best Answer Yes, the email was sent last month afaik, but indeed only enforced since today.
To summarize:
-Tidal tracks can be downloaded to offline cache
-Stems are not available on tracks streamed through Tidal
-Using Tidal requires a Tidal Hifi Plus subscription

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:08 am[ selected best answer by Adion on Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 4:30 am ]
You need a Tidal Hifi Plus subscription to use Tidal in DJ Software. (Tidal sent a mail about these changes last month)

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 10:22 am
Seriously???
i don´t have this mail....

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 10:35 am
Last month?

This seems to have just been applied, as the last time I used Tidal with VDJ it worked.

No mention of this new requirement anywhere on Tidal (that I can find) including the dedicated DJ page. No mention of it on the VDJ page covering streaming services either.

Oh well, that's me out. I'm not paying 2x the sub.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 10:59 am
Yes, the email was sent last month afaik, but indeed only enforced since today.
To summarize:
-Tidal tracks can be downloaded to offline cache
-Stems are not available on tracks streamed through Tidal
-Using Tidal requires a Tidal Hifi Plus subscription

Selected as best answer Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:08 am
Hmmmm. Tidal still working with Rekordbox and Serato (latest versions) and standalone on the Prime 4 with a non-Plus subscription.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:37 am
I'm out too. Was handy to have in the background for the "odd" request but £20 a month is pushing it.

I originally used it for video but most of them are straight off Youtube with all the extra bits so no bloody use to DJ with anyway.

Seems all the streaming services are being greedy and looking for ways to increase revenue.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:40 am
Deezer is £11.99 a month, inc 1 month free atm.

Deezer works well for me, I took out a family account a few years back. It gives me up to 6 users (covers all the family) and HIFI quality is included. I just hope they dont go down the same route in disabling stems.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:52 am
TIDA;L STILL WORKS WITH DJAY ON IOS!!!! Could it be VDJ has not paid them or something? This is not good...

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 7:41 pm
No, it's not a "VirtualDJ only" issue.
It will stop working on other software as well.
We don't know when (maybe in a few hours or maybe in a few days) but officially Tidal requires HiFi Plus subscription from now on to be used with DJ software.
As a counteraction it now allows off-line caching of files though

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 7:57 pm
Looks like it's working again. The message doesn't pop up anymore and I can load and play tracks from Tidal again

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 9:24 pm
Adion wrote :
Stems are not available on tracks streamed through Tidal

Why is that? Is this a legal requirement placed on VDJ by Tidal? If not, is it just something you're working on makign available again in an update?

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 9:26 pm
DJ Fiftyseven wrote :
Looks like it's working again. The message doesn't pop up anymore and I can load and play tracks from Tidal again

You're on just a HiFi subscription, not a HiFi Plus?

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 9:30 pm
martyghen wrote :
Why is that? Is this a legal requirement placed on VDJ by Tidal? If not, is it just something you're working on makign available again in an update?

It's something TIDAL required from all supported DJ software to do. Serato and Rekordbox included.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 9:38 pm
Right, heres the deal. mine stopped working just now and what you HAVE to do is subscribe to Tidal HiFi Plus. Just cost me £25.99 in the Uk. problem solved.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:02 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
martyghen wrote :

It's something TIDAL required from all supported DJ software to do. Serato and Rekordbox included.

It sucks, but on a lighter note you should all be kind of proud of making something so powerful (stems separation) that you've rocked the industry haha.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:07 pm
djcacho wrote :
Seriously???
i don´t have this mail....

i didnt get this mail either!! back to deezer i guess

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 11:18 pm
It seems shameful to me that they make a 100% price increase to make a service that has been operating for so long with a basic subscription work.
I am not switching to another online music service because I also use the Denon Prime ecosystem and it is the best service for me.
It is very sad that they take advantage of knowing this to double the Price.
My satisfaction rating with Tidal has dropped to por low.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 10:33 am
Tidal sent me a survey today, so I was eager to click and tell them my feelings.

I only got so far though. After they asked my gender and age, they wanted to know my exact location, then how much money is coming in to the house....

OK that's nothing to do with you, in a survey about a music streaming service.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 11:35 am
LOL...
They are trying to find out the "demographics" of their clients it seems.. :P

Posted Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 1:41 pm
83%