Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tidal error. Help!!!!! - Page: 2
groovindj wrote :
DJ Fiftyseven wrote :
Looks like it's working again. The message doesn't pop up anymore and I can load and play tracks from Tidal again

You're on just a HiFi subscription, not a HiFi Plus?

Yes, HiFi only. Just tried it again this morning and now the error message is popping up but then it loads and plays the tracks. I guess it's only a matter of time til it stops working

Posted Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 8:44 am
I thought I was too dumb to use stems or accidentially changed something or whatever. This was like 2-3 weeks ago and drove me crazy since I found out.

Yesterday I could not load tracks from Tidal anymore at all, I thought Tidal was down or had some technical issues, so I opened a Ticket on which I got the reply that I have to "upgrade" my account (which would cost me twice as much per month) since they want to "improve their service" or some **** like that.

I never got informed about this in advance from Tidal.

For me there is no reason left to stay with Tidal as others are cheaper and better: stems work and I even could transfer all my Playlists to the better streaming service, so it was absolutely hassle-free for me.

Maybe you are upset enough with Tidal to follow my example, I personally would appreciate it to send out a message to these greedy <insert appropriate insult here>.

Posted Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 1:26 pm
The thing is - for the artists, sales have pretty much vanished.

The general public don't (or can't) go into a store that sells vinyl or CDs, or buy music downloads online.

Why would they, when they can just pay a flat fee and have access to as much music as they want?

It's good for consumers, but the artists get very little income from streams, compared to sales.

For DJs (or even just music fans) paying a monthly sub is MUCH cheaper than buying music. I used to spend HUNDREDS every month buying vinyl and later, CDs.

Posted Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 2:41 pm
groovindj wrote :
The thing is - for the artists, sales have pretty much vanished.

The general public don't (or can't) go into a store that sells vinyl or CDs, or buy music downloads online.

Why would they, when they can just pay a flat fee and have access to as much music as they want?

It's good for consumers, but the artists get very little income from streams, compared to sales.

For DJs (or even just music fans) paying a monthly sub is MUCH cheaper than buying music. I used to spend HUNDREDS every month buying vinyl and later, CDs.

If only it would clear, that they pay more to the artists I could accept the higher price

Posted Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 3:39 pm