Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DJM S11 Smooth Echo not seem to respect silent cue option
Using v2023-m b7759, I found that when I set the silent cue as one of the options to trigger the smooth echo doesn't seem to work when I have it mapped to a pad button as a toggle option (and triggered using that button).

Posted Mon 06 Nov 23 @ 11:00 pm
Follow-up...the problem is not only with silent cue, but gated cue, hot cue, load (basically any trigger that isn't a fader). I don't know if this is a new problem or a problem since the introduction of support for the mixer - I've not tried it until now.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 3:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I think smooth echo only works on the faders. Since it's a hardware effect it doesn't know about your vdj config.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 4:34 pm
Quote :
I think smooth echo only works on the faders.

@Adion so respectfully I say that this isn't true (the config menu would not have had the other triggers if it was).

To prove this:

• Please take a look (at around 7 minutes) of the breakdown Pri Yon Joni did of the Smooth Echo feature - he talks about and briefly demonstrates the usage of the different triggers

• Also, take a look at me using the feature with VirtualDj and Serato - you'll see in the Serato video all of the triggers work as expected.

I also checked that VirtualDJ does communicate the silent cue setting to the mixer from the custom pad button (you'll see it activated in the touch MIDI settings), and I'm not custom mapping that part of the mixer - I don't think my config should apply in this case.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 5:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
making such a big deal over ducking echo with condition on the strength...

Posted Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 10:12 pm
@Locodog So I'm not actually really trying to make an issue unnecesssarily...what I'm getting at is the feature availability/creativity possibilities that becomes available with the additional triggers. If it's not possible to do that's ok (although I think that is unlikely), but it would be helpful/fun, at least for my mixing, to have it available.

And it's true that I could map it supposedly, but then I only benefit from it, rather than everyone benefitting from it as default (and the hardware interface seems to give the impression of it being a feature).

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 8:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I wasn't meaning you, just my usual destain for the huge song and dance that pioneer makes out of the smallest of things.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 8:21 pm
I agree (I had a similar quick with Dj Vekked who described mapping his faders dips to ducking echo on Serato).
I don't think that the majority of "new hardware features", they have put out are truly innovative - something on the market already does the thing, but probably not as convenient (but that's another conversation).

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 8:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We are looking into it, and should be able to get this working for the next update

Posted Sat 11 Nov 23 @ 4:15 am
@Adion not a problem...apologies as we hijacked the thread a bit with another topic.
I patiently look forward to the fix 🍺

Posted Sat 11 Nov 23 @ 1:42 pm
Sorry just asking for an update here...is there an early access release I should be looking at/waiting for this?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 23 @ 5:46 pm