Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Synch between laptops
I would like to see a feature where the following is possible.

1 laptop is master
1 laptop is slave

If I add or remove items to the playlist on one laptop, this is reflected on the second laptop.

I currently do this manually - the reason is that it's happened that VirtualDJ stops responding In such a moment, I quickly switch my interface from laptop 1 to laptop 2 and continue playing from there.

Alternatively I would like the playlist status to be saved in case of software failure at the start of every song in automix-mode. This way, if the software freezes, the current automix situation is saved and once you recover, you can immediately continue on automix (maybe skip the last track - that would be okay).

I think VirtualDJ currently only saves the automix on a normal exit.

Posted Sun 29 Oct 23 @ 4:09 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
you can use syncthing for that.
i have my desktop pc as primary, then it clones the music folder and virtualdj folder to the same location on the laptop.

https://syncthing.net/

Posted Sun 29 Oct 23 @ 10:27 pm
Yes, I do that between two laptops. But that doesn't help if the first laptop freezes. It does not automatically update the automix?

Posted Mon 30 Oct 23 @ 8:08 am
I really think you need to look at why the laptop freezes in the first place. I've had that happen once since 2008 and that was about 6 years ago.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 23 @ 8:37 am