Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems Separation not working on Online Music post update
I am currently on Virtual DJ 2023 Build 7740.2006

Stems separation only works on local music, whenever I load a track from Tidal (Online catalog), whether it's cached or not, the Stems separation does not do anything.

→ Performance pad will turn off as if the stem has been killed, but the entire song is still audible.
→ Using the EQ knobs in stems mode will change the pad status when zeroed, visually indicating the stem is killed, but the entire track is still audible.

All the visual indicators for the stems are present, but the audio remains completely unaffected. I tried deleting my entire analysis folder to allow VDJ to analyze stems from the top, but online music does not put analysis files in my stems folder, only the local files do.

I'm not sure this has worked for a while, but i do not at this time remember the build when this did work last. If a dev wants me to, i will roll back to prior builds and try to find when it last worked.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 9:52 pm
If you scroll down the forum a bit you will find loads of posts on it. Basically Tidal have now disabled stems use in DJ software.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 10:00 pm

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 10:01 pm