Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AUTO MIX
livePRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hi, I use the Automix on the virtual dj for our music videos, and today it has just stopped working. I and doing everything I normally do but it isn't loading the next track up or anything. I don't understand it. I have removed the program, reinstalled it and still nothing. Anyone else having the same problem ? Any advise would be greatly received as I am pulling my hair out here as literally just do not understand it at all. I have not changed any settings or anything so how it normally works Thanks

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:00 pm
Just to add to this, beware if you are on auto update as my version was v2023 -I b7607 and then it updated to v2023-m b7651 and the auto mix now does not work on this version. I am waiting for an update from Virtual DJ to see why this has happened and if they have taken the auto mix feature off ? ( although its still there but just doesnt work ). Anyway, if you are using Automix dont update yet as it will take the feature away and drive you mad like it has me today, and totally impacted on my business. I wait to hear something

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 9:28 pm
go back to your prior version.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 2:15 am
everything I do.. with automix.. works flawlessly..

if you give more details as to your settings for automix..
I can attempt to reproduce your issue..

and what is source of your tracks?

Or post a video.

Need more info to assist you more..

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 2:19 am
Hi, thank you for coming back to me. I have now learnt that there seems to be an issue with Tidal and the auto mix. since yesterday. Tidal is my main supply of music videos. The files I have on the computer play in auto mix but the tidal ones now do not play in auto mix.
How would I go back to the last version ? Thanks

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 9:53 am
At this point, it seems that Tidal is now requiring the upgraded subscription (TIDAL HiFi Plus) to access the Tidal integration feature within VDJ.
Someone else in the forums mentioned that Tidal would be allowing offline storage with this change, but I haven't yet seen it. I don't know that paying double the price suddenly is worth it.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 9:59 pm
Hello - I am experiencing this as well. It will put the song in the auto mix section and completely skip over it. A Warning would have been nice. Anyone recommend something other than tidal Hifi?

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 12:06 am
I had the same problem. Updated to hifi plus and sorted it mate

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 8:59 am
user27514631 wrote :
I had the same problem. Updated to hifi plus and sorted it mate

Thank you so much for this. I upgraded and like you it works again. It's a bit naughty tho as paying double for the same thing as before. The world has gone mad.

One problem I do have with their videos are some of them are louder than others, is there a way on virtual DJ to normalise the volume so it's all the same ? Thank you

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 9:48 am
Autogain = Auto

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 9:52 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Autogain = Auto

Thank you. I just checked that and mine is set to Auto, so not sure why some tracks are still slightly lower than others ?

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 10:01 am
It's not absolutely perfect but good enough for 99 percent of files.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 10:31 am
kradcliffe wrote :
It's not absolutely perfect but good enough for 99 percent of files.

Thank you so much for your reply and help. Have been pulling my hair out the last 2 days due to that tidal change.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 10:41 am
Because of all these Tidal changes, I'm currently on a trial with Tidal that ends on the 21st of October, 2023. So, I've been checking out Deezer, they are offering new users a discount for the first 6 months, which includes offline storage.

This offer is only available until 16-10-23. I had a trial with Deezer a couple of years ago when I was DJing weddings, so I don't know whether I will still qualify as a new user.🤷‍♂️ Will find out.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 4:06 pm
No Deezer offline storage in VDJ though?

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 4:26 pm
Dunno, not sure about that til I try it.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 6:46 pm
Well Tidal, lucky for you I have removed by BeatSource in favour of them... fancy influencing Virtual DJ to turn off the DJ's toilet, quick smoke function ...

Posted Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 8:02 pm