Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Most Stable New Version
Hi Guys

I run VDJ on a laptop with no internet (to prolong the life of the laptop of course).

What is the latest MOST CURRENT and stable version? I am using a Numark NS6II

Thanks

Posted Fri 25 Aug 23 @ 5:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Fri 25 Aug 23 @ 5:30 pm
Windows 10 64 BIT

Posted Fri 25 Aug 23 @ 5:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
then you can run the current version

Posted Fri 25 Aug 23 @ 5:57 pm
Right thats not my question though. Im asking if its stable. Like has anyone complained about it crashing or anything?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 12:05 am
i've had zero issues with it or any build for years now. the SOFTWARE is stable. the user's computers are the wild cards and may have a different issues on their own

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 8:07 am
vasili55 wrote :
Right thats not my question though. Im asking if its stable. Like has anyone complained about it crashing or anything?

Summary (TL/DR): Always assume the latest is stable (not early access) and download the latest. If you see a problem, check this forum to see if hasn't be reported already with steps to follow for downgrade. If not reported yet, file a report here and (if critical) talk with customer support about downgrade links.

Long-winded answer:

The most stable version, unless otherwise noted, is always the latest stable version reported (this is how software releases work in general...I'm not sure where this hesitant upgrade idea came from, when part of the point of upgrades is to solve problems).

If there is a problem:
1) The update will most likely be blocked on Atomix's side from download (in-app and the web URL download)
2) Atomix devs will probably make a post, on this forum, to say that they know about it, give instructions for downgrading if required.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 3:38 pm
An addition: if an upgrade was done and their is a critical problem (due to a major new feature or even a bug fix): that points to inadequate testing of the software (major regressions like that should in theory be caught).
Unfortunately you can't test everything...so yes sometimes bad things happen, but they do have things in place to reset you to a good state (last known version to work well enough), so you don't really have to search for the version yourself.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 3:43 pm
If you want only stable builds then don't use the early access builds disable that in options.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 3:45 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 3:48 pm