Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Remap Traktor Z1 Filter knob to Move Loop
Instead of controlling the filter volume on the Z1, I would like to remap the filter knob to control the position of the current loop. I tried remapping FILTER to loop_move or loop_adjust, but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Anyone have a solution or suggestion?

Posted Thu 10 Aug 23 @ 8:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
loop move or adjust don't really work on a 0 to 1.0 dial, it's something you'd use an encoder for.

I'm trying to think if it's even workable on a dial, ... It could work in as a proof of concept in a controlled environment kind of way but I think in the real world it would break really easily.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 23 @ 9:11 pm
locodog wrote :
loop move or adjust don't really work on a 0 to 1.0 dial, it's something you'd use an encoder for.

I'm trying to think if it's even workable on a dial, ... It could work in as a proof of concept in a controlled environment kind of way but I think in the real world it would break really easily.

I looked at the mapping for my Gemini G2V controller, and it has the following configuration for the loop_move dial:

pad_page 'loop roll' ? nothing : param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -0.1 : loop_move +0.1

Could that be useful for mapping on the Z1?

Posted Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 3:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no, that's a mapping for an encoder [has no end, outputs -1 or 1 every tick]
you have a traditional dial [ zero to 1.0 output with end points]

Posted Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 4:03 pm
locodog wrote :
no, that's a mapping for an encoder [has no end, outputs -1 or 1 every tick]
you have a traditional dial [ zero to 1.0 output with end points]

Darn, I guess I'll just use custom pads for loop_adjust -1 loop_adjust +1

Posted Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 4:11 am