Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ1000 Gain issue
Only since I updated VDJ having issue with gains on DDJ1000 way to high, have to bring gain all the way down to get it to 0db? Sound not great either?
I have tried everything from firmware update to driver update.
Anyone else having this issue?

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 2:14 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
No such issue on my gear DDJ-1000 w VirtualDJ 2023 b7607 PC on a painfully under powered Laptop.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 23 @ 8:57 pm
Having the same gain problem but with the Rane Four. Working Channel 1&2 with outo gain to 0db but the main output is super loud… for years I have worked with auto gain 0db and this has never happened with any other controller or older virtual Dj updates…
Any idea what to do?

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 5:50 am
Quote :
Any idea what to do?

Some hardware is simply very "hot"

On some of them you can then adjust that in the firmware they have. You can lookup if that is possible in their manual on their homepage

But the easiest is probably to simply lower zeroDB in VDJ

PS: Another possibility is a wrong audio config, where you have accidentally "stacked" the master output - for instance by sending both master out and booth out to master output

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 6:26 am
leochanno wrote :
Having the same gain problem but with the Rane Four. Working Channel 1&2 with outo gain to 0db but the main output is super loud… for years I have worked with auto gain 0db and this has never happened with any other controller or older virtual Dj updates…
Any idea what to do?

You should set "zeroDb" setting to -6db
Rane Four has very little headroom in it's audio bus by default.
Which means that it's easy to overload/distort the bus.
However you can add headroom by changing zeroDB setting. Personally I use -9db with Four, but you should be good with -6 as well

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 3:38 pm