Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ask the dj whatsapp
Would love to see Whatsapp integration to Ask The DJ.
WhatsApp is taking over from SMS here is the UK and would open the system up to more djs without added expense of buying a aimless SMS service.
Also finding information on how to setup SMS services with ask the dj seems to be non existent.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 4:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If people can access WhatsApp they already have internet access though, so they could just access ask the dj through the browser / qr code

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 5:11 pm
Missing the point there... It's not about having internet access it's about what the guests and more comfortable with and ease of use.
The web page relies on geolocation or selecting a venue, plus trying to explain that ask.the.dj is a webpage...its not a .com or anything. Providing a whatsapp number removes all that, it's direct, specific, no explaining to do. Plus it gives your DJ phone number to potential clients as an added bonus.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 5:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Scanning a QR-code should be easier than adding a whatsapp number.

Also I don't think there's any Whatsapp API that lets other apps read your whatsapp messages, so at best it would still be a different number that people need to send their messages to.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 5:51 pm
If you don't like the suggestion, just say so.
If you're not going to investigate it, just say so.
If you're just going to be negative don't have a forum for suggestions.
BTW, googled in 5 seconds.. https://business.whatsapp.com/developers/developer-hub information on integrating WhatsApp

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 6:15 pm
There are so many messaging apps though, where do you stop?
I have people who contact me by text, massenger, signal, WhatsApp, telegram.

Everyone uses something different

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 6:24 pm
DJhpturner wrote :
WhatsApp is taking over from SMS here is the UK and would open the system up to more djs without added expense of buying a aimless SMS service.
Also finding information on how to setup SMS services with ask the dj seems to be non existent.

This would be a great feature!

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 5:03 am
DJhpturner wrote :

Ask the DJ is not (primarily) a SMS based service- it's just a small webpage, so it will run on basically anything with a browser
Using a QR code for people to instantly get to it, and placing that on the tables/wallis at the event , is usually the best option. It's a lot simpler and quicker than having to use whatsapp :) And it will work for any guest with a smartphone regardless of social media accounts

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 6:24 am
having issues with setting up the sms service on ios for ask.the.dj, any assistance on where to find the notification url setting would be apreciated

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 8:51 pm
halo196PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey guys just saw this thread I built a request system that works along side vdj
For my website and it works amazing

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 2:22 pm