Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: will re analyzing a folder create duplicate files in the vdj database
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
lets say i have 25 folder with 100 songs

and im not sure folder 19 is analyzed. if i do it again. will it just renalyze. or create duplicates? (in the database)

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 8:56 am
Analyzing will only process the files already there. You need to do add to database and it won't create duplicates.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 9:09 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Analyzing will only process the files already there. You need to do add to database and it won't create duplicates.

oh. so after i analyze for bpm, etc. when done. and the folders to the search database too. as the next step?

i thought analyzing added them to the search database already. oops.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 9:15 am
Add to DB first then analyze. You can't analyze something that's not there.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 9:42 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Add to DB first then analyze. You can't analyze something that's not there.

lol all these years and just re analyzed. and never added to db. the way i mix is using the last folder so no need to search. now i want to search. and see why i cant. derp on me. :)

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 2:51 pm
Maybe you'd benefit from reading the manual to see how database management works.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 2:58 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Maybe you'd benefit from reading the manual to see how database management works.

i installed vdj 15 years ago before that was cool :) anyway am reading the section about creating filter folders.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
By default autoSearchDb is enabled, so any folder that you browse would also be in the search db, and there would indeed be no need to manually add files that you see to the search db.
Only if you have autoSearchDb disabled you would indeed need to add them to the search db manually, but you are free to do it before or after analyzing.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:08 pm