Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database merge? I move files from two HDD to just one.
I just recently bougth a new HHD and I used to have two with all my files, I transfer all from my old two drives to the new one.

Drive 1: Old - Drive Letter "E"
Drive 2: Old - Dirve Letter "T"
Drive 3: New

I moved all from Drives 1 and 2, to Drive 3 and I set the letter "T" of the Drive 3... now I just have one drive with the letter "T". I copied vdj database that is was on root of Drive 2 to the new one..., and all iformation of the files that were storaged on Drive 2 is working perfect!.. the problem is the database that was on drive 1... how can i merge these to databases or how can I recover the files information (cues, rates, comments, grups, colors, etc..) from the files that I had storage on Drive 1, now these files are on Drive 3 (the new).

Regards!!!!

Posted Sat 20 May 23 @ 11:48 pm
I haven't tried this, so I'd backup BOTH database files before messing around, but they are simple XML files.

1. Get a good text editor such as Notepad++, open the file you want to merge into your existing database,
2. Do a Search/Replace on the "FilePath="T:\" or whatever the letter is, to replace with the new drive letter "FilePath="E:\" (this assumes they are in the same folder location on the new drive, if the filepath has changed more, then do the Search/Replace accordingly)
3. Delete the top two lines so the file starts with <Song .....
4. Delete the last line so it ends with </Song>

5. Copy the entire remaining text and paste it above the last line </Song> in the existing database file.
6. Save changes

Posted Sun 21 May 23 @ 5:48 am
JorgedelaRosaDJ wrote :
I moved all from Drives 1 and 2, to Drive 3

is exactly what you should do... BUT have done the move from within VDJ.

When one moves files from within VDJ all database changes are done automatically.

So if possible, easiest method would be to go back to your original setup (from backups) then, do the moves from within VDJ.

Also it may not be good to change the drive letter from outside VDJ. IE not change the new drive to T after you have move.
Maybe use "M" for the drive letter of the new drive.
(M for music, and needs to be different then E or T, for it be connected at the same time)

Posted Sun 21 May 23 @ 8:30 am