Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Xone K2 through Xone 96 with VDJ
Hello and I hope someone can help me fast. I just bought a license, monthly to Virtual Dj, coming from Traktor Pro for years and years. First the audio engine sounds better, hands down. Even my wife noticed it right away. We are gigging dj's with our own event company as well. Anyways, need some help rapidly.

We use a Xone 96 mixer with Xone k2 Controllers. I have tried and tried to get the K2 to work but I can't get it working. Can someone. There are no instructions in the Virtual DJ manual for the K2 on what channel to set it up on nor what mode of latching layers.

I alternately tried to map the controller myself, but when I use the dropped function and choose a control, say the low eq for deck 1 to the corresponding pot on the K2(so middle, left, bottom pot) and then choose which deck. When I choose the same corresponding pot for deck 2 and use the dropper to map that, and change the deck number in Virtual DJ it changes both control deck numbers to deck 2 instead of just that one. That leaves both lower pots changing deck 2. I tried everything I could and it would not stop doing that. Help please as I really want to use VDJ next week at our big event. but I can't at this point.

Also, I am not a programmer so speaking programming language will not help me.
Thank you in advance for any help

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 2:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 2:46 am
Awesome, thank you for the quick reply. On another note, how do I connect it with x link through the Xone 96, as that is really how I need to. I have a macbook pro with only lighting ports and use an Anker hub with 2 usb ports so need to use 1 for the xone 96, connect the K2 via xlink and then I want to use a Dj Techtools twister on the other USB port for other controls. Again, thank you for any help!

Or do you know of any other mappings that are good for the K2, other than the default as well?

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 3:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not repeating what the manual says.

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 3:20 am
Look, I appreciate the help as I hadn't found that part of the manual previously. That said, The manual doesn't say whether there is a way to make it possible to connect through xlink which is what I really need to do.. I'm just asking for a little help here as I am new to this. Not sure why the comment like that though.

As a moderator, I would think that you would have a vested interest in making this a welcome community, especially for a pro dj looking to move from a competing software. Again, just asking for help.

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 3:29 am
You will need the RJ45 cable that you received with your unit.
You connect the OUT of K2 with the port of 96
Then you plug 96 on your MAC.
You may have to change the MIDI channel of one of the devices though. I'm not sure as I don't own any of these devices, nor I ever used the XLINK protocol.
More details are available at page 20 of XONE 96 manual, and page 21 of XONE K2 manual.

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 3:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The K2s will work out of the box (with factory default mapping) via XLink only with 23C and 43C. In all other cases u ll need to plug to USB

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 3:45 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You will need the RJ45 cable that you received with your unit.
You connect the OUT of K2 with the port of 96
Then you plug 96 on your MAC.
You may have to change the MIDI channel of one of the devices though. I'm not sure as I don't own any of these devices, nor I ever used the XLINK protocol.
More details are available at page 20 of XONE 96 manual, and page 21 of XONE K2 manual.

Thank you for trying. With it plugged in via Xlink, the mapping will not come up for some reason sadly. Really a bummer because I am trying to use this and really want to! Hoping someone can help solve it!

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 4:15 am