Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Boosting LINE IN levels possible?
I'm using a DDJ1000 Line input and trying to import it to a deck on VDJ. Everything works fine except that the level is too low. With my deck gain at +12 (full right) it is still about 10dB too quiet compared with the 'digital' decks.
The other thing I've noticed is that as the channel on the DDJ is set to USB there is no indication of levels on the DDJ VU meter, even though VDJ VU's show an input signal (even though its low).
Is this a limitation of the mapping or a deeper issue?

Kind regards, Rob

Posted Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 2:12 pm
May I ask why you want to import the line input to VirtualDJ ?
DDJ-1000 is absolutely capable to handle an analog input by it's own (and even offer it's own hardware effects for it). Also the analog input(s) when used will also pass to the record loop back channels and they will get recorded by VirtualDJ just fine.

As for your questions:
1) Last time I tried line inputs with CDJ2000NXS2 as the analog source I was getting acceptable signal.
2) Yes, when you flip the switch to USB position, the VU meters of DDJ-1000 are controlled by the software. And since you were getting low signal it was kind of expected for the VUs not to light up. Software and MIDI VUs of DDJ-1000 are not working on a 1 by 1 basis.

So, firstly I would check that the same analog source provides enough sound level in hardware mode (just to make sure everything works fine. Then I would switch to software and see what happens.

PS: The firmware of DDJ-1000 is a little mess (since you asked)
That's because originally Pioneer designed the unit with a completely different "mode of operation" in mind. However due to some issues (mostly with on board effects) Pioneer had to release a new firmware that works completely different from what Pioneer had in mind originally (and the hardware of the device was designed for)
This mess has caused some drawbacks mostly with effects. However AFAIK it didn't affect line inputs.

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 2:56 am