Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tracklisting.txt
I've read this post here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20SDK%20Textzone.html

And would like to report in minutes and seconds anything played out of an open fader (including samples).

tracklistFormat is currently set up like this: %author - %title | TOTAL %time SPENT %spent COUNTER %counter

This is giving me results like this:
21:58 : Jay Newman - Void | TOTAL 07:04.5 SPENT 00:00.6 COUNTER 00:00.0
Total = correct
Spent = I played 10 seconds, so not sure what that is
Counter = Obviously not what I'm looking for

21:59 : Three Seconds Of Audio | TOTAL 00:03.2 SPENT 00:00.7 COUNTER 00:04.0
Total = Correct
Spent = I played all 3.2 seconds - so it's rounded it up to 4?
Counter = Really not sure!

21:59 : Sign Of Angelo - Long To Be | TOTAL 03:45.8 SPENT 00:00.8 COUNTER 00:11.0
Total = Correct
Spent = I played 11 seconds, so this isn't right
Counter = 11.0 could be 11 seconds, but not by the other examples

If I'm to spin a song in - and then mix away from it, I only want "needle time" - as it was traditionally called - logged. Any ideas - thank you!

Posted Thu 15 Sep 22 @ 9:06 pm
%spent is the time elapsed from the start of the song.
If you use it on a skin you'll see that it keeps increasing as a track progresses regardless if it's fader is open or close. Also it stops if the deck is stopped, goes back if you move the playhead position back in time e.t.c.

%counter is just a counter that keeps counting from the moment VirtualDJ was started.

Therefore, not any of these entries by itself will give you what you're looking for.

I don't know what you're after, but you can't get the total time a deck was audible without creating your own plugin.
You could perhaps subtract the "counter" value of the second song from the "counter" value from the first song to get the time first song was audible, but it's not going to be accurate.
That's because the entries on tracklist.txt just log a "change" from one track to another. So, if track A starts at 0:00 and you start a new track at 02:00 but you keep mixing the two tracks for 30 seconds, you'll get 2 minutes of air time from the "tracklist.txt" while the accurate value would be 2:30 (that would include the time both tracks were on air mixing)

Posted Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 11:27 am
Thank you. Exactly that, I’m after airtime.

The elapsed could work, then, if I work on the basis that the track stops the moment the fader is shut (I could programme something to do that, too, like you used to get on the old Denon CD players with Fader Start/Fader Stop).

1. The only thing is - I’m getting odd results such as 0.08 on time elapsed, as you’ll see from the output in the example above.

2. Is there a way tracklists.txt can also log what samples have been played?

Posted Wed 21 Sep 22 @ 4:00 pm