Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Changed a controller button, now it no longer lights up
I changed the SCRATCH button on my Numark NS6-II to run a script (toggles a VST effect on/off and saves its active state for the next song load), but the button is now permanently dim. I'd love to make the light in the button correspond with the status of the effect, but I can't figure out how to control the light inside the button.

I've seen some code here on the forum that suggests simply running "on" and "off" as commands but that doesn't seem to do it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 11:17 am
did you change the LED as well as the button with the same script?

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 12:08 pm
I did nothing to the LED nor was anything regarding an LED in the stock button script. The stock script in there was vinyl_mode. Somehow VDJ knew to associate the button light with the vinyl_mode status.

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 12:19 pm
mapping consists of 2 items ..... a button and a Led each can have their own scripts locate the LED in the mapping and change it accordingly :-)

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 12:36 pm
Thanks for that! Got it working and actually started playing around with my other scripts to do the same.

What do I do about buttons with lights that don't appear in the mapper? For example my TOUCH_FX and FILTER_ROLL buttons both light up (and are clearly scripted to do something because they flash in a way that doesn't correspond to my scripts), but I don't have a corresponding LED_TOUCH_FX or LED_FILTER_ROLL item in the mapping list (I've even checked the dropdown list under "Key").

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 1:01 pm
Probably those are controlled by the device firmware if there are no entries for them

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 4:42 pm
FILTER_ROLL and TOUCH_FX buttons leds are controlled via firmware.

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 6:55 pm
Ah, so I'm hosed on those then. Fair enough.

Thanks for all the help!

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 8:14 pm