Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane one and using FX
When using an effect such as echo, the “beat”knob on te rane one changes the value increment by 2. So echo goes from 3/4 to 2 to 8.

How can I change this so that it only changes the value in increments of one (ie - 3/4 to 1 to 2 to 4 to 8)

Next problem I can’t seem to figure out is how to get the FX panel to function like it does in serato with the rane one. I’d like to be able to use 6 total different fx and have the left and right paddle activate the chosen fx. Currently, the top row of fx buttons controls the “left” fx in the VDJ gui, and the bottom controls the right.

Changing the fx 3 button/6 button one knob in the options doesn’t appear to change anything.

This is all in performance mode.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 3:26 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
user23596150 wrote :
...can’t seem to figure out is how to get the FX panel to function like it does in serato with the rane one...

to do so is complicated, vdj isn't set for FX units, it doesn't really entertain the limitations that FX units present.
vdj uses independent fx on decks.

I designed a controller scheme to work like fx units, but to make sense it needed a skin edit, so I made that too, but to work it uses tricks that mean it will never be a published skin. I've probably got more work to do as vdj really isn't set for fx units.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 4:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Pro layout of the default skin offers a 6fx layout where you can select the effects for slots 4 to 6.
If you use the factory default mapping, the effects should work like you would expect.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 10:20 am
I didn’ttry out the pro layout when trying the 6fx option. I’ll give it out a try.

Just to confirm, yours suggesting that 3fx is set to No, and 6fx set to yes, correct?

Thanks

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 4:55 pm
okay that 6fx option worked, thank you!

Now... anyone know how I can change the "beat" knob on the Rane One so that it changes the value in single increments instead of 2?

**update*.... not sure what changed... but this is working as expected now *shruggs*

Posted Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 3:57 am