Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcast stops while recording starts
Hi,
Since one month i have a strange behavior, it seems to me that it is a bug.
I start my facebook broadcast , it works fine as usual.
Then i click the Rec button to record my set as mp3 (audio only). Immediatly the facebook live freezes and the rate slow down to 0kbps and 0fps. From vdj side , no error , the broadcast is still alive.
As soon as i stop the record the stream goes up again and works fine.
It is not a facebook problem, I have tested also with my restream account, same issue.
Does anybody encounter the same issue ?
Many thanks !

Posted Sat 04 Dec 21 @ 12:17 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Sounds like to much for the cpu.
Have you done this before with the same computer without fail?
Spec on the computer?

Posted Sat 04 Dec 21 @ 7:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Works fine here

Posted Sat 04 Dec 21 @ 8:36 am
it's a gaming laptop, I have recorded dozens of sets while broadcasting without problems.
This morning I have run tests using another laptop less powerfull, I can't reproduce the problem, broadcasting + recording works fine.
I have no idea right now, I will check if the mp3 audio codec is the key, maybe using another format.
Thanks

Posted Sat 04 Dec 21 @ 9:12 am
RollRControlleristMember since 2014
Hi mate, I have been having the same problem from around the same time you reported your issue. I'm on a 2 year old Alienware gaming desktop running the latest version of VDJ. Streaming works fine until you hit record then the stream drops.

Been working fine for years beforehand.

Did you find a solution?

Posted Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 8:35 am
From my side still got the issue after months even after VDJ updates, windows updates , ccleaner cleaning, etc ...
It could be linked to MP3 codecs in background (i use K-lite codec packs ) but even after reseting parameters, still not working. Maybe a hardware driver compatibility but I didn't upgrade any driver for months.
Tested on my new surface PRO 7 in parallel, it works fine, the issue remains on my MSI gaming laptop only
Any idea is welcome too !

Posted Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 1:26 pm
nyk0nHome userMember since 2017
I'm having this problem as well; I'm using an AMD CPU and graphics card. I can record audio (icecast) broadcasts no problem, but if I hit REC during a video broadcast, the broadcast dies until I turn off the recording.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 1:10 pm
Since the last update, VDJ disconnects seemingly when I load another track into the deck for my blend. The browsers, Chrome and Edge, go berserk (freezing and not responding) and then my stream ends. I have uninstalled and reinstalled VDJ and the same problem continued. Also, the title video feature overlay is no longer available. Only the screen grab and text overlay remain. What's going on?

Posted Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 2:01 pm
hardmous wrote :
I'm having this problem as well; I'm using an AMD CPU and graphics card. I can record audio (icecast) broadcasts no problem, but if I hit REC during a video broadcast, the broadcast dies until I turn off the recording.

Are you recording video? If so, can you check if recordVideoResolution is different from your broadcast resolution? And if so, try to record in the same resolution as broadcasting.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 22 @ 8:55 am
Adion wrote :
hardmous wrote :

Are you recording video? If so, can you check if recordVideoResolution is different from your broadcast resolution? And if so, try to record in the same resolution as broadcasting.

I'm broadcasting video at 720p natively from VirtualDJ, I am recording audio to MP3 at 192kbps. I use VirtualDJ for both broadcasting and recording.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 22 @ 10:42 pm
What does your audio config look like? Do you have a record input?

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 2:02 am

Here are the settings

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 11:26 pm
I don't think it should matter, but can you try with master through the partymix as well?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 4:59 am
Just tried that and the broadcast died. Once I switched master back to realtek it started back on.

I just tried changing the realtek to 44.1 to match the partymix - i gotta wait until my stream clears out to test with that.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 2:34 pm
OK so I just tested while having it set to 44.1, but have the same issue.

Details on hardware I'm using:
Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 (MS-7721) 6.0
CPU: AMD A10-7850K
Graphics: ASUS R9 270X DirectCU II TOP
Running Win10 Pro build 21H2 and VirtualDJ 8.5.7059.0

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 2:47 pm
gazoo66PRO InfinityMember since 2016
I know this is a very old thread, but this is also now happening to me. I didn't have the problem until i got a high end laptop and new controller.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 24 @ 6:10 am
What does your sound setup look like?

Posted Tue 16 Jan 24 @ 6:51 am