Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Jerky and freezing with Prime 4, only just started doing it and I haven’t changed anything!
Tonight at my gig I plugged my Prime 4 in as normal to my Mac. As soon as I loaded a track or played a track the screen on the Prime 4 and Virtual Dj itself was updating momentarily every second then froze, then froze the next second etc. after playing around a little I came up with a temporary fix. It only appears to do it when VDJ is fullscreen. If I have the bar at the top and my apps at the bottom it doesn’t do it. I also found it didn’t freeze when the setting page was open. As soon as I closed the settings window it started freezing again. The music doesn’t actually freeze, just the visuals.
Can anyone help?

Posted Sat 20 Nov 21 @ 12:54 pm
Just bumping this - is there anyone that can help me with this please?

Posted Mon 22 Nov 21 @ 9:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's good here on both Macs (2021 M1 Monterey and 2012 Air Catalina). No freeze at all. What are your Mac specs (processor, RAM, Video card, OS)?

It makes sense to have a small delay in refreshing on the Prime 4 screen (slow refresh rate by hardware), but the VDJ main screen should be good.
BTW, what Build are you on ? Is ExperimentalUseMetal setting in VDJ set to Yes ?

There are a few things you can try ..
- Rename settings.xml (from Documents/VirtualDJ folder) and restart VDJ
- Delete akairemotescreenlib.bundle from Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins64 folder (will be automatically re-downloaded on next Prime connection)

Posted Mon 22 Nov 21 @ 11:17 am
HI DJDad - sorry not been on forum for a while. It was doing it again last night so will try your suggestions and let you know!

Posted Mon 13 Dec 21 @ 8:49 am