Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Mixstream Pro - Page: 1
Any plans to add control to the mixstream pro? I guess the usb pc is on the back of it for a reason.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 3:25 pm
It is not designed for midi. Standalone only.

Same as the Prime go. It will never be supported by VDJ. And that's Denon's decision.

They want to force their crappy Engine OS across all the in-music brands and lock out 3rd party support.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 3:33 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It will never be supported by VDJ. And that's Denon's decision.

Actually it's a Numark product - and one of their guys was being interviewed on a live stream yesterday. He said that they might decide to use the port for DJ software in the future.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 5:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When i hear "might", "future" etc, - especially from Marketing guys- it's usually never ..lol

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 8:16 am
I might decide to stop using VDJ in the future.

:-)

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 9:36 am
This is where Atomix need to step in and develop their own hardware, or at least integrate with someone decent who does.

In-Music have a lot of brands now and are pushing the standalone/streaming model. Pioneer will eventually do the same.

For VDJ to survive in the long term I guess they need to fight back. But then none of the current standalone kit supports video, karaoke etc and they don't even have a sampler.

P.S. I'm totally unimpressed with Engine as is, and the new version doesn't even support my MCX8000 any more. The whole platform is not resilient enough, and it needs to be as near to 100% as possible to survice. No point ditching the "unreliable" laptop for the standalone console to crash out. Lots of people on various forums seem to have had enough so you never know .....

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 10:11 am
Would love a controller with VDJ built in

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 10:16 am
I think as user of virtual dj, is changed to denon And no need vídeo, need to play music, no laptop. Virtual dj rocks but engine dj also. It's a different thing. For those that don't like, I'm sorry. It's new let's explore... The best software in the world vdj is going to go around

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 4:55 pm
StuRSPRO InfinityMember since 2020
As an ex user of both the Prime Go and Mixstream Pro, personally I think there is some way to go before Engine surpasses a laptop based system, hence why I have come back to a ddj400 and VDJ. User requests seem to be very slow to implement into the engine software, if at all.

Song preparation still needs a laptop and more than likely a mix needs some editing (eg normalised, level tweaks) normally on a laptop.

Don’t get me wrong I have been impressed with both, but too much missing for me at the moment.

Serious question. Assuming the mixtrack pro and platinum work with VDJ, what is the advantage of using a Mixstream Pro?

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 9:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
StuRS wrote :
...there is some way to go before Engine surpasses a laptop based system...

it won't, ever, stand alone will always be playing catchup, the cutting edge of software v standalone will shrink, but vdj having script, API, HTTP access, means users can make stuff happen, and the devs here read everything.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 2:03 am
Having to leave VDJ for Engine would be like having a kidney removed and an arm cut off. And maybe more ......

Posted Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 2:18 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Having to leave VDJ for Engine would be like having a kidney removed and an arm cut off. And maybe more ......

Agreed. No way the onboard Engine OS can handle analysis or STEM separation better than a laptop running an Nvidia 3080 with Ryzen 9000...

Posted Wed 02 Feb 22 @ 3:58 am
As an avid Denon user, I can tell you that I kind of get tired of breaking everything down into a million folders to load it up and put on a USB, having the library right there your laptop and then the live stream function is awesome on VDJ, the only reason I would have got the mixstream is so that I can both take it on the go for standalone, or use it at home with virtual DJ with the live stream feature, I love the battery option on my Prime go but the reality is you're going to end up plugging it up anyway before the end of the gig. Also I've had a mixtrack in the jog wheels we're not that great but at least they are bigger than the prime go

Posted Sat 26 Feb 22 @ 1:33 pm
so, the mixstream pro got a firmware update on 4/19 that adds
"Enabled computer mode for third-party DJ app support - Virtual DJ (MIXSTREAM PRO)"

I think that means this will work now. I had a Denon Go hoping they would add this functionality, but they never did. If this works as expected with the Mixstream Pro, i'm almost certainly getting one. Can someone here confirm this works, and if possible, go deep on the answer. I'm curious if samples can be used this way, or how well it works. I couldn't find the answer out in the web yet. Super excited if this works.
Thank you!!

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 2:17 pm
It's not on the "coming soon" list so I guess not.

Seems a bit strange adding support for this when Denon have stated that the Prime Go will never be midi capable.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 2:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I wonder what it was that moved them, public demand or not shifting enough units?

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 2:31 pm
We could not put it on "Coming soon" before Denon announces it.
Now that the news are out, yes, it will work with VirtualDJ from now on.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 3:05 pm
locodog wrote :
I wonder what it was that moved them, public demand or not shifting enough units?

Well Prime OS is quite horrible and it limited the appeal of these units. At that price as a backup controller with VDJ support it will sell far more I guess.

Personally I prefer the Prime GO as it looks a lot better and doesn't have the cheap looking speakers.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 3:11 pm
Is there going to be an update to VDJ or should the mixstream work with it right now?

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 3:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Works in current Public Build.
All u need is Engine OS 2.2, Windows driver and internet connection on first launch.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 3:22 pm
53%