Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: windows 11
pioneer have issued a warning about windows 11 update that it might not bve compatable what about vdj is it compatable?

Posted Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 12:28 pm
No reason for it not to be as it's essentially Windows 10 with a slap of the marketing stick.

The only issue would be if you have a controller you would need to check the manufacturers drivers for compatibility.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 12:33 pm
KierwebPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I can confirm that my DDJ1000 Controller and Virtual DJ (Latest Version) are both working fine on the Preview version of Windows 11.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 2:58 pm
Ditto here. Been running 11 for a while now - since before MS changed their minds about what processors it'll run on. If I tried to install it now, my machine wouldn't meet the spec.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 4:52 pm

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 1:42 am
I have been using Virtual DJ on Windows pre-release 11 for about 3 months. My webcam, a Logitech HD Pro C920, has developed a very jerky video performance. This happened after one of the Windows 11 updates.

I have changed the videoFPS to 60 and a whole bunch of other settings. None has resolved the issue. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with 6 GB video RAM. I have installed the most recent driver. Nothing has resolved this.

When I use OBS, no issue. When I use my phone as a webcam, no issue. It is with just this camera. If I use it with "Mixcloud Go Live from Browser", the video is fine with this same camera. Only Virtual DJ's Video engine is messed up.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 4:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try the resolution selection for the camera in VDJ and see if there's a different setting there that works better?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 5:22 am
For the Virtual DJ Pro settings, I have set the broadcastVideoQuality to "Custom" and tried different resolutions. None had any improvement. I have set it back to 1280x720@3400,328. This is my settings when streaming on MixCloud. Even the videoMaxMemory settings have been adjusted from the default for my video card (5991 MB) but it did not work.

I have resorted to a new camera, an OSBOT Tiny, and the video is a lot smoother.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 7:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I meant the resolution of the camera, not the resolution of the broadcast

Posted Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 5:27 am