Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Search locks up
Tonight I had to restart my laptop twice with the same problem.
On the first time all songs disappeared in search and folders. Second time was locked in one folder (garage) and couldn't search for any further songs or select other folders, any ideas what the problem is? After restarting the laptop all works for about an hour.

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 12:11 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Currently it looks like VDJ is using a lot of of memory (stems ?) and OS ends with swapping, but VDJ does not handle this situation without crashing after a long time freezing
Sometimes crashguard restarts VDJ while crash handler still sending report, making new instance readonly

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 1:54 am
Hopefully gets sorted soon! You would expect the software to be fully tested before release

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 9:22 am
Lipin84PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I have a same problem. Someone wrotes here, that installed prewies version of VDJ.
I think also that problem is with new version only. It has to be solved...

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 4:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 4:18 pm
Is the issue just with Stems activated?

I did a 5 hour gig on Friday with stems off (was just background music really) and had no issues at all

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 4:29 pm
I'm not sure if this is the same behavior you are running into, but I thought I might share my experience where all the songs disappeared in search and folders when I started up VDJ. This happened to me twice and for me, this was the situation: I booted up my system and I was in a rush to start VDJ right away. Unfortunately, the Windows OS had not finished its boot up process, but I thought there was something wrong with VDJ, so I launched it again. Eventually, one of the instances of VDJ appeared, but with no songs or folders (only one instance of VDJ was showing on the taskbar at the time). I had to close that instance of VDJ to find out there was another instance of VDJ running behind it. Then, that second instance of VDJ functioned normally.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 2:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Please try Early Access build 6604 ( https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html )
We have found a possible cause for the Browsing issue that is fixed in this build.

It was not related to stems, but it might have occurred when using cloud lists or other online music sources.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 10:23 am
Thanks for this. This build has even fixed the volume issues I’ve been experiencing with my 72mkll. Wow. Thanks again!!!!

Adion wrote :
Please try Early Access build 6604 ( https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html )
We have found a possible cause for the Browsing issue that is fixed in this build.

It was not related to stems, but it might have occurred when using cloud lists or other online music sources.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 8:07 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
not sure this is the same issue but may be:
extension page does not refresh thumbnails anymore
sometimes show initial page but scrolling down show empty as well as scrolling back to top
and of course once more preview do not display anymore

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 8:29 pm
Nicotux wrote :
not sure this is the same issue but may be:
extension page does not refresh thumbnails anymore
sometimes show initial page but scrolling down show empty as well as scrolling back to top
and of course once more preview do not display anymore

i noticed this bug in VDJ 6569 and 6604 early access

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 8:58 pm
I noticed we are now on early release v6608? Has anyone tested it in the field? Don`t really want to install it as i got a busy weekend.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 6:51 pm