Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2021 problems
FACHEAUXControlleristMember since 2014
Pioneer DDJ-WEGO and Numark Party MIx.
WEGO will not fully load drivers, firmware, etc after numerous attempts. Program sees it, but still no control of controller.
Numark I ordered came in yesterday, and VDJ sees it, but it still will not let me use the controller.
Pro user so i though i would have access to all controllers.

[mod]From Duplicate Thread
FACHEAUX wrote :
Hopefully, someone can help.
Long time VDJ user, recently upgraded to pro user with subscription.
I have 2 controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WEGO and Numark Party MIx. I bought the Numark because after HOURS of trying to get the WEGO to work, i researched controllers and really liked the Numark, so i ordered one. The issue with the WEGO is that i could see it in the audio settings, but it would not completely connect to the program. Tried reloading drivers, firmware and all. but still nothing.
With the party mix, same thing. It loads and is visible in all settings, but still is not controllable through program. With the WEGO, i was using it on a older computer and had ZERO issues using it. I purchased a new laptop last week and tried to reload everything, but thats where all the problems started. I did order the Numark from Amazon, which did NOT come with a software card to download software. Upon further review, i ordered the one that came with Seroto Lite. Downloaded it and the controller still doesn't connect. I refuse to learn how to run another program since i've been using VDJ for years and really like using it. I wander if the new computer some how is blocking , or not letting either controller to completely connect.
In the end, i really want to just use the Numark with VDJ............PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 2:48 pm
I am having major issues myself.

Yesterday, I was forced to do an update, as the program did not allow to load and play tracks until the update was done.

I didn't update for about 4 months before this, as I had been having repetitive crashes up until a 2months ago when I changed some of the settings (can't exactly remember which), as per forum advice which appeared to resolve the issue. I have been playing with only the odd crash ever since that until yesteday (which has been acceptable-ish)

It's worth noting, I have never experienced crashing in the previous incarnations that I have used since 2015 (bring back the old reliable vdj 8 as standard download from the main website, 2021 has more bugs than covid, it seems)

I'm not alone in this issue clearly, as virtual dj 2021 has been disaster for a lot users from reading threads. Its interesting that some of the mods seem to constantly putting fault back onto the user, when its a clearly an issue with the program. I don't think stems or whatever else was introduced for this edition, is working out too well in terms of reliability.

Only since downloading yesterday, the issue has went from crashing (this equates to going into a continuous skip after 10 minutes of mixing) The issue has now evolved, to no sound coming out when I use virtual dj. I have sound when using the gemini g4V for the internet (youtube etc). Therefore, THIS IS STRICTLY A VIRTUAL DJ PROBLEM. This 2021 version has been a disaster and updates should be not be given out, if its making the issue worse

I have a brand new Lenovo X1 carbon with great specs and everything was working a treat until i did that bloody download, which was forced upon me. Extremely frustrating and I have 2 gigs in 3 weeks time, any useful suggestions would be forever appreciated and sorry I couldn't help out with the original question but, I feel your pain, mate!

Luke

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 4:13 pm
FACHEAUXControlleristMember since 2014
UPDATE....It isn't the controllers at all. I recently bought a HP all in one desktop, so i thought i'd try both of them on there....MAGICALLY, after installing VDJ, both of them were recognized and worked flawlessly.
It has to be something with the laptop i bought 4 days ago not seeing them and connecting them to VDJ.
ANY HELP as to why it works on one and not the other??????

PLEASE HELP

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 11:31 pm
Not exactly sure, but perhaps it was just that the sound card on the controller was already in use, by Windows itself. Sometimes Windows might take the controller sound card as its own sound card.

Simply go to Windows sound settings, and set Windows back to pc sound card (for both playback and recording device). And should be all good again

Posted Sat 26 Jun 21 @ 11:17 am
I recently started using User 1 and User 2 to populate with UK chart highest positions and years of entry to chart data format for each is ??,??,??, if there is no highest position data for the track then -- is entered.

When tags are then written to the file it destroys the tag info and removes the cover art.

Tags in Virtual DJ remain readable. Other tag readers (mp3tag v3.22b) are unable to read tags and report parse error.

I have been using both VDJ and mp3tag for more than 10 years without issue until I started using User 1 And User 2 fields

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 10:31 am