Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Music slows down and stops VDJ 2021
Hello, I haven't gigged since September and I'm pretty sure this issue started when Stems came out. When I load a track and hit play the track seems to grind to halt and sounds terrible. According to Task Manager my GPU usage jumps from 5% to 95-100% when VDJ is open

This is with no controller attached running sound through my onboard sound card.

I finally have gigs coming up and need to get this sorted.

Version 8.5-64 b6444
Windows 21H1 OS BUILD 219043.1023

Posted Sun 06 Jun 21 @ 7:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What are your computer's specs ? What video card ?
You can turn off Stems from VDJ Settings - >OPTIONS tab , search for matheEngine and set to disabled

Posted Sun 06 Jun 21 @ 10:55 pm
I'm pretty sure that you are correct that your laptop can't handle stems
But like DJDAD writes, you can simply turn stems off

Posted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 8:20 am
I have exactly the same issue on my GPD pocket. It's only an Intel ATOM processor. With Math Engine enabled VDJ slows to a crawl, as soon as it's disabled it works perfectly again with the same CPU usage as before.

Might also be worth checking if there are any Windows processes running away with your CPU as there have been some pretty bad Windows updates lately.

Posted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 8:32 am
I also have the same issue however, my computer info is as below:
i7 11th gen, 2.80 clock speed, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD, IRIS X graphics (basically no graphic card)
my Virtual DJ is V2023, B7482
and it's very inconsistent
One time it works perfectly and once, it just slows down, having underwater-like sound and stops until I either restart the VDJ or restart the audio setting and it plays again.
I use Virtual dj all my life and I specifically got a brand new laptop to use with it and it keeps doing this behavior. NONE of these issues were present with 2020 (PRE STEM)
I actually disabled the STEM (which was actually very cool when I use it the crowd goes crazy) but why would I have the latest software if it keeps failing?
I'm tempted to downgrade /or/ move to another software if this keeps going...
I got two complaints by clients so far and I cannot allow this to keep happening.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 23 @ 5:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have exclusiveAudioAccess enabled perhaps?
If so, either try disabling it, or increase the latency setting

Posted Fri 22 Sep 23 @ 6:11 am