Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help with Effect Slider Mapping Script
I have 5 knobs on my hercules inpulse that control mic and aux eq. The inpulse 500 also has an "assist" button that is used for beatmatching. I don't really ever need it but it presents an interesting opportunity.

I'd like to use the assist button toggle feature (it lights up) to convert my aux and mic eq's to be come effects sliders 1-5.

The mapping script for the assistance button is:
toggle '$assistance' & var '$assistance' ? browser_geniusdj 'playing' : goto_last_folder
the knobs are called
aux_filter
aux_volume
mic_volume
mic_low
mic_high

and the effect_slider 1 will be a parameter according to what padded FX I have on.

I'm not sure how to combine all the ingredients together tho. Help? Also, it seems like with this I can only really have one effect on at a time?

any creative ideas on how to have multiple effects? Maybe conditionally map the effects/filter knobs to whatever pad effect I've selected?

Posted Tue 11 May 21 @ 4:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
do those dials even send midi?, I'm not sure they do

Posted Tue 11 May 21 @ 5:07 am
I won't be using them as midi. I have effects mapped to 16 pads, the goal is to activate the knobs as effects sliders when I select one of the pad effects

Posted Tue 11 May 21 @ 5:26 am
Look through the overview here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/hercules/inpulse500/mixer.html

** marked entries are not possible to map to anything. They are hardware only knobs / buttons

* marked entries are possible to map, BUT they will also do their hardware intended function, so while you can map it to do something, it will still do what the hardware operations at same time

(see bottom of the page at link above)

Posted Tue 11 May 21 @ 10:51 am