Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recording is speeding up by 10 BPM
I recorded a video and when played back it plays 10 bpm faster than recorded. Sliders are at 0.

Any idea?

Thanks

Posted Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 2:12 am
10 BPM faster doesn't mean anything to us without knowing the original BPM it was supposed to playback at.
Also a few more details on how you have recorded your video would help...
Also keep in mind that when you record something via VirtualDJ it gets recorded at the speed it has at the time of recording.
I mean that if you load a track that's 126 BPM and you use pitch/tempo adjust to make it play at130, the recorded file will be 130BPM when the pitch/tempo slider is at ZERO position.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 8:46 am
I recored the tracks at their actual tempo of 118 to 120 BPM.

When I play back the recording...it's at 128 with pitch slider at zero.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 7:07 pm
Nothing comes to mind that could make something like that happen..
(unless when recording you actually mixed the songs at +10 bpm)

Posted Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 7:32 pm
this is still happening with me...version 2020 on windows 7...but..the computer originally came with windows 10.i suspect something here as i have other issues in my studio daws with plugins..

Posted Fri 04 Jun 21 @ 11:29 pm
it happened again..i can;t figure it out..had to throw away my video mix...

Posted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 4:37 am
IMA4NRHome userMember since 2014
I have the same problem. I plan to upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro but this bug is stopping me from upgrading. The audio recording was at the right speed. The MP4 video has a definite problem. Here is some more info that may help debug: The total length of the audio and video files is the same (time wise). However, the video format is faster and then it gets padded with silence at the end. This is definitely a bug. I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 7:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
10% sounds speciously like a sample rate problem 44.1kHz - 48kHz is 10% ish

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 8:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What does your audio config in VirtualDJ look like?

Update: Problem found. It could happen if your sound card was at 48khz, you first record mp3, and after that without restarting VirtualDJ you record mp4.
If you directly record video, or restart between mp3 and mp4 recording it should be fine though.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 23 @ 5:47 am
"10% sounds speciously like a sample rate problem 44.1kHz - 48kHz is 10% ish"

totally agree

Posted Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 4:07 am