Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane One paddle re-engagement
Something I've noticed and someone else pointed it out. If you are engaging an effect with the paddle (say an echo) but want to sustain that echo after disengaging the paddle, the effect gets cut off.

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 2:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The FX is turned off of course if u disengage the FX Paddle.

Perhaps you want some Echo Trailing ? If so, the Echo FX has a button to enable that (in its FX GUI) ..

Or if u want Post-Fader Effects you can set fxprocessing to Post-fader from VDJ Settings->Options

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:58 am
demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
[quote=djdad]The FX is turned off of course if u disengage the FX Paddle.

Perhaps you want some Echo Trailing ? If so, the Echo FX has a button to enable that (in its FX GUI) ..

That's not how it's supposed to work. What happens is that when you disengage the paddle the echo still remains in memory. Say you apply an echo to a song, and load another song, if you want to apply echo to the new song, the echo from the previous song still comes on from where it stopped especially when the previous echo had a long 'tail'). In serato and other controllers the effects are post fader and post paddle (or whatever you use to trigger the effect). With this vdj implementation, you are forced to let the echo die out each time you engage the paddle, otherwise your echo will cut and continue in the next engagement. This will bring unwanted sounds in the effect you're trying to make.
I'm sure DJdad doesn't understand the problem yet. I will make a video about it!

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 12:06 pm
Yes, please make a video when you can.

BTW, if i understand correctly, the issue is just with Rane One ? If so, what other controller(s) you have tried without the same issue ?

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 3:33 pm
Ok, i think we found out why the Effect Off behaves differently if you turn the FX off using the paddle or the FX Sel.
Please try this.. Use the following action for the FX_ON key and let us know if its good that way.
up ? set 'fxon' 0 & effect_active 1 off & effect_active 2 off & effect_active 3 off & effect_active 4 off & effect_active 5 off & effect_active 6 off : set 'fxon' 1 & effect_active 1 `var '$fx1' ? on : effect_active 1` & effect_active 2 `var '$fx2' ? on : effect_active 2` & effect_active 3 `var '$fx3' ? on : effect_active 3` & effect_active 4 `var '$fx4' ? on : effect_active 4` & effect_active 5 `var '$fx5' ? on : effect_active 5` & effect_active 6 `var '$fx6' ? on : effect_active 6`

The above will definitely resolve the issue reported from the original poster, but not sure if it's the same issue as the one reported from DEMPER

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 3:46 pm
Yes! This is exactly the solution to the problem I was reporting. Thank you so much DJDad. This is the standard way effects work! The default script is bad! Anyway the default mapping for instant double is also not proper. It should be double click and not shift+click. I fixed it myself. Now I have no reason to open serato again! Thanks again! Hopefully a fix to that two laptop bug is coming! Vdj for life.

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 7:05 am
Thanks for the feedback. Next update will have the script above in One default mapping.
As for the clone action, i think the silkscreen indicates as if its a shift action, no ?

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 11:02 am
I noticed that design suggesting it's a shift action but originally(in serato), it's a double click action. I think most djs are used to double clicking to instant double. Shifting is cumbersome and that shift key is very small in case for fast mixes or pulling off a trick. Again not a big deal!

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 11:26 am
demper wrote :
I noticed that design suggesting it's a shift action but originally(in serato), it's a double click action. I think most djs are used to double clicking to instant double. Shifting is cumbersome and that shift key is very small in case for fast mixes or pulling off a trick. Again not a big deal!

Original and Serato are usually opposites

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 12:24 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
demper wrote :

Original and Serato are usually opposites

In the Rane One Manual it says double tap load button to duplicate tracks. So it's the original implementation.
Anyway hi Klaus! are you gonna get the controller! Your ideas on vdj are invaluable!!

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 2:50 pm
To DJDAD,

Thanks for the post, this was driving me insane. I replaced the original with your midi settings, and now it behaves the way it should have from day one.

AbiliTV on Twitch

Posted Wed 08 Dec 21 @ 5:02 pm